Author Topic: West Bay to Weymouth  (Read 341 times)

Offline banditblaster

West Bay to Weymouth
« on: September 12, 2007, 01:20:33 PM »
Im particularly fond of this route.
From west bay, dorset, head along the road to burton bradstock, and follow this road all along the famous jurrasic coast.
Lovelly bit of road, sea views one side, and often rolling fields of heather the other.
The road itself is ace too, theres humps and dips, fast corners, and possibly my favourite bit, a long steep descent to a hard left hand corner for brake/nerve testing.
One for the nice weather though, can get quite foggy in winter!

Evil Twin

West Bay to Weymouth
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 04:11:57 PM »
Rode that route many a time and it is tops:thumbs:

Offline ads7/9

West Bay to Weymouth
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 12:33:49 PM »
I'm localish to there, will have to come down and try it!
save a mouse, eat pussy!

Offline banditblaster

West Bay to Weymouth
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 11:21:31 PM »
Its worth a look definately!

I wholeheartedly suggest a stop by frenchies burger/coffee hut down in westbay. Its the last hut on the right by where the bikes park. Proper nice bloke, and his westbay burger is something you can only understand after devouring one!

Where abouts you from then???? any favouite roads in the local area worth a look?

Offline ads7/9

West Bay to Weymouth
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 12:38:42 PM »
i'm north somerset...

only been down here for a couple of years, used to live in lovely st.helens opp norf!  

i recently discovered the wonders of the a39, in the late evening!  great stuff, and also the cheddar gorge road, but only the twisty section through the gorge itself...  ....was on a tyre rounding mission!!! :big grin:  much to the local residents dismay!  :wave:

and one road that i've not completed yet, only rode half of it before i had to turn back for home was the.....  a(somat), go along the a39, hit dunster and turn left towards tiverton (i think).  really twisty in places, but the best thing was that there weren't many cars!!!  shame about all the blind bends!:shakeno:
save a mouse, eat pussy!

Offline speedymax

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/speedymax/collections/72157600007005078//
West Bay to Weymouth
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 11:46:25 AM »
This is a top road done it many times on the bike, however be aware it attracts a lot of plod attention on bank holidays and sunny sundays including their helicopter. Also in peak summer holidays you can get stuck behind a load of caravans which rather takes the shine of it. Best bet is to get up nice an early and go for a breakfast ride.

Offline Froudy

• Creaky Moderator
  • Administrator
West Bay to Weymouth
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 01:03:51 PM »
I stayed at Burton Bradstock a couple of years ago and thought what a good road that was for a bike. Trouble was I was in the car:shakeno:
Assumption is the mother of all Fuckups

Offline riktherider

West Bay to Weymouth
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 01:28:05 PM »
havent been down that road for a good couple of years! completely forgot about it! its nice if you coming from my end(bournemouth) and go over the chain very at poole and go all the way from swanage to somerset/west dorset (carefull of farm roads, loads are dead ends as i found out a couple of times). have to pop over there soon when the weather improves and not as cold.
The bandit

Offline DevilsTwin

West Bay to Weymouth
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 01:07:33 PM »
not a bad road as i live in the week in bridport but i like the beaminster to crewkerne road lots challenging bends lol
www.Devilsyam.com KTM\'s ARE CRAP

Offline grimreaperssidekick

West Bay to Weymouth
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 01:19:33 PM »
One of my favourite roads , know it very well !!!!!!
You will respect my authority !:lol:

Offline ace

• http://www.aceofsprays.co.uk
West Bay to Weymouth
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2009, 11:11:17 AM »
Last time i did this road i was hooning at fair lick and then discovered that they were resurfacing with the gravel from the other way... that was a scary moment... !!