Author Topic: the location of every speed camera device/mobile unit in the country  (Read 792 times)

cooky

just came across this site http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/ and it has all the locations of all types of fixed cameras and mobile vehicle locations up and down the country might be an idea to make it a sticky could be very usefull if someone is planning a trip somewhere

Vasman

the location of every speed camera device/mobile unit in the country
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2004, 10:59:08 AM »
close but no cigar
yes its got some good info but and its a big but its about 3 months behind the times
Sensor sites (the nes where a copper goes and sits up he road in a lay by recording everyone speeding) are put in at the rate of three a week
these type as do all speed sensors, have a tolerance of 5mph anyone who is done doing 32 in a 30 doesn't get stopped if they do thay can dispute it as the legal tolerance is 5mph
the company that puts in the sensors for sensor site and the traffiphot (new type of camera not digital) are a bit how shall I say yeeha !?
if you do get done always check for 2 things
1- Calibration certificate
2- Tetra Radio log if the radio is being used whilst a laser is being fired your off the hook because tetra interferes with the guns

all Uk hand speed guns are laser not radar radar is not accurate enough

you could always try what i try and actually attempt to slow down when you see a camera

Offline Betablocker

• DTP Founder
  • Administrator
    • http://www.betablocker.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 01:43:54 PM »
Too true, Just a guide though.

I use the road angel to help to through the miles.
but this does not help much for mobile units, unless they are in the same place most weeks.

Good info thanks.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Offline BUSA

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 09:09:31 PM »
vasman,how would it be if u were using a CB
while in a lorry,ur talking to someone and the porker
fires his gun at u,would thay get a true reading ?

Spacemonkey

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 06:50:44 PM »
Dunno, but I owuld like to add that it IS totally legal to rabbit on a CB radio whilst driving, as are those PMR radios etc etc, it is ONLY handheld wireless devices that operate on mobile phone (800/1200 mHZ if memory serves) frequencies that are illegal, and not any other form of handheld mobile communication. Something to remember if plod gets shitty...

ps, I got a Garmin i3 sat nav the other day for the motor, and you can download all the cameras on there too including traffic light cams, gatsos, specs, and likely hangouts of mobile vans. Totally free... Worth doping a search for your relevant satnav..

Offline Betablocker

• DTP Founder
  • Administrator
    • http://www.betablocker.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 08:24:09 PM »
Quote from: Spacemonkey
ps, I got a Garmin i3 sat nav the other day for the motor, and you can download all the cameras on there too including traffic light cams, gatsos, specs, and likely hangouts of mobile vans. Totally free... Worth doping a search for your relevant satnav..[/QUOTE

I have that for my pda with tomtom..........but they tell you when you are sat on the camera CUSS .....lucky i have my road angel.

My dash looks like someything from nasa wink
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Spacemonkey

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 09:46:03 PM »
Haha! Mine only warns me of cameras (but from quite a distance) when I am speeding, which is all the time, truth be known, but at legal speeds, there is no response. Not bad for free though-cheaper than a Roadangel + satnav.

Little Monster

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 10:10:56 PM »
Quote from: dicko
Thats very interesting Spacemonkey.
Got pulled using a walkie-talkie and was told that I could be reported,blah,blah,blah...................when I got p*ssed off with the lecture I asked the copper if he was going to do me or not and he said he,d let me off with a warning......................now,perhaps,I can see whywink

Not sure what Spacemonkey's saying - is the cb handheld? if not, fair enough but if it's handheld, and i'm guessing the walky talky is too, then plod will be able  to get you for not being in control of your vehicle - that's where all the maverick cases about people eating apples and such like come from in the press. They were always able to get you under this for mobile phones but the specific law was brought in to make it clearer and easier to prosecute you successfully. You've either got the phone in your hand or not so you're guilty of the offence or not - with the other gadgets, it's a question of whether you were still in control or not so that's probably why plod doesn't bother. That's my understanding of it anyhoo.

I think BUSA is asking whether you could invalidate the plod zap on the basis the cb radio interfered with the reading?

Spacemonkey

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 11:10:32 PM »
Yes he was, I was just adding my two noodles. The reason for this law being so worded was so that plod himself could get away with his hand held radios, and taxi driving cunts and all that. I hear what you are saying, but as you said, they would have to prove lack of control. But you know all this better than me, so I'll just shut up and get back in my box. Coming mother...
kis

Drachman

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 07:56:35 PM »
Hello all, seeking reassurance - recently went up the M42 at slightly above the legal limit, must have been asleep because partway up ralised all those gantries above me had cameras...and I'd passed every one without realising. Whoops. What is the legal leeway before the camera is tripped (at 80 mph)? If you know I am stuffed please don't tell me as I'd like to live in ignorance for a while longer; if you can set my mind at rest, drop me a line...

Offline Froudy

• Creaky Moderator
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 12:25:48 PM »
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/index.php

Hi Chaps. Try the above link for free downloads for Satnavs. They include wanings for Gatso, Specs,Mobile sites etc. Have installed on TT500 and they work a treat....pity I cant use em when I'm on my bike:big grin:
Assumption is the mother of all Fuckups

Offline BALDYMONSTER

• DTP Member
I use this...
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 03:15:04 PM »
I use "CameraAlert" from the app store from apple.

Had it for a few years now in the car, brilliant app.

It costs a few quid to update every month or few, the more you pay the more you an update as you go along so to speak.

It keeps all relevant cameras and other speeding cash cow revenue generators regardless of wether you are up to date with your chosen subscription or not.

Easy enough to use on a bike with your headphones plugged in.

360 degree protection, distance and adjustable warning sounds and how far/near you want the audible warnings to start.

Does the average speed nonsense as well.

https://appsto.re/gb/7JPcu.i
WELL THOSE ARE MY PRINCIPALS AND IF TOU DONT LIKE THEM? WELL, I HAVE OTHERS........

Offline Froudy

• Creaky Moderator
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 03:53:26 PM »
Good update there Baldymonster..Thanks mate.

I'll just have to go out and buy an iPhone to use it :lol:

Offline BALDYMONSTER

• DTP Member
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2016, 07:28:57 PM »
Quote from: Froudy;442654
Good update there Baldymonster..Thanks mate.

I'll just have to go out and buy an iPhone to use it :lol:

I'd imagine it's available for other smart phones mate.

Honestly, it's a real licence saver.
WELL THOSE ARE MY PRINCIPALS AND IF TOU DONT LIKE THEM? WELL, I HAVE OTHERS........

Offline Froudy

• Creaky Moderator
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2016, 08:17:18 PM »
I'll look into it...Got to be worthwhile.