Author Topic: Pothole Kills Riders  (Read 637 times)

Offline Froudy

• Creaky Moderator
  • Administrator
Pothole Kills Riders
« on: March 24, 2010, 09:03:45 AM »
I saw this in the Sun newspaper yesterday and it makes me sick that this sort of thing is happening due to the councils inability to maintain our road system:shakeno:
I think that it is time that individuals within councils became personally responsible for this type of negligence when it causes injury and loss of life.

HOLE ROAD BIKERS DIE

Two bikers have been killed on a road dubbed a "Slalom course" after it was left pitted with pot-holes by the harsh Winter.
The 44 year old rider and his 42 year old pillion who have not been named, died when their Suzuki bike smashed into a Renault Clio on Sunday.
Police were last night trying to determine if the poor state of Leighton Buzzard Road, in Hemel Hempstead, Herts, caused the tragedy. Last month locals put up a ski slope style poster on it warning: "Pothole slalom course. Black route. Difficult"
Assumption is the mother of all Fuckups

Offline Sam21:19

Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 09:07:08 AM »
its fuckin shite aint it mate, it wont be long before somethin like that happens round ere.  especially as (according to BBC propaganda news) when the summer starts, all the naughty people with big fast dangerous bikes come to derbyshire to crash and burn...
:freaked::freaked::lol:

Offline welshbandit

• DTP Member
Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 09:48:33 PM »
Our roads are just like the rest of the country, slowly crumbling and falling to bits and your right froudy some asshole should be held responsible seeing as we pay for the shit tarmac we have to endure every day.
SheepShaggers L.T.D.

Offline Betablocker

• DTP Founder
  • Administrator
    • http://www.betablocker.co.uk
Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
Motorists have been warned it could take councils nine years to mend potholes in the West Midlands

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8586534.stm
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Offline bondy

Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 07:49:13 PM »
was up the ace cafe last friday night and a few lads reckon it was a girl in a clio that pulled out on them. took nearly 2 hours for the ambulance to come. that section of road was said to be not too bad for pot holes by one of the hemel lads. dont know for sure though. just repeating what was said by local lads.

Offline bondy

Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 07:55:51 PM »

Offline UNBUCK

Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 12:01:59 PM »
Hi i'm new to the forum and i feel really passionate about this subject. Just the other day i came round a corner just after a set of traffic lights, and low and behold there was like a ploughed trough in the tarmac about 4 inches deep, 6 inches wide and about 4ft long! My front wheel locked into it and i was very nearly tipped off with my feet down to stabilize me. I crapped myself and wondered about what could have happened if i'd fallen over and whether the bus coming the other way would've either halved me in two or just rolled over my head and burst it like a boil!  Speed camera's not too far from this point, at least the powers that be have their priorities in the proper place.

Offline UNBUCK

Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 12:04:13 PM »
the little people are just fodder for extracting revenue and light entertainment!

Offline Froudy

• Creaky Moderator
  • Administrator
Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 12:07:35 PM »
Hi Unbuck.
I'd have stopped and taken photos of this and sent them here...

http://www.fixmystreet.com/

They have to act on imformation supplied and the pothole should be fixed within a couple of days. It's worked for me in the past:nodyes:

Welcome along to the forum by the way. Pop into General and introduce yourself and we'll welcome/abuse you as necessary:wink: :thumbs:

Offline frankgwasere

Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 12:18:32 PM »
I thought those holes were designed on purpose to piss us all off and make sure we dont break the speed limits cos were too busy trying to avoid them? Even new holes are not done well but some might argue that there to detract us from the speed cameras so we forget to watch for them but concentrate on missing the holes instead - is there a method in their madness?

Offline UNBUCK

Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 12:19:27 PM »
all the stealthy bullshite that goes on out there to make our riding lifestyle just that bit more difficult to appreciate..and we also have to deal with deathtraps implanted on the roads! I believe all the motorcycle enthusiasts in Britain should stop paying their Council Tax as of now! Let's get a little proactive and French on their scene!!

Offline "M"

• Honorary Member.
Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 12:21:17 PM »
Even worse here.....

We got the potholes and cobbles, great in the wet.

Another reason why I ride an enduro cos I slow for nothing.
Incompetant!

Offline Froudy

• Creaky Moderator
  • Administrator
Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 12:22:34 PM »
Quote from: frankgwasere;282355
I thought those holes were designed on purpose to piss us all off and make sure we dont break the speed limits cos were too busy trying to avoid them? Even new holes are not done well but some might argue that there to detract us from the speed cameras so we forget to watch for them but concentrate on missing the holes instead - is there a method in their madness?

I saw in the paper a couple of years ago that Bath and North East Somerset council were going to stop repairing potholes in an effort to slow roadusers down...:mad:

Offline UNBUCK

Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 12:24:39 PM »
actually i'm off to call the police about this because that one was beyond a criminal offence as far as i'm concerned!!

Offline "M"

• Honorary Member.
Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 12:25:29 PM »
Quote from: Froudy;282358
I saw in the paper a couple of years ago that Bath and North East Somerset council were going to stop repairing potholes in an effort to slow roadusers down...:mad:

They have covered everywhere with speed humps here.

They dont slow me down either :big grin:
Incompetant!