Author Topic: Pothole Kills Riders  (Read 636 times)

Offline Froudy

• Creaky Moderator
  • Administrator
Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2010, 12:28:50 PM »
They put 13 pairs of speedhumps in on the main road at the top of my street. It took us 2 years of campaigning to get them removed:mad:

Motoring bodies have proven beyond doubt that these speed humps or "Cushions" as they prefer to call them around here, cause major damage to tyres and suspension actually causing accidents to occur:shakeno:

Good news around here though is that since the government withdrew speed camera funding, Swidon got rid of them. Oxford and Devon and Cornwall are likely to do the same very soon.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 12:35:35 PM by Froudy »
Assumption is the mother of all Fuckups

Offline scarface

• two thumbs fresh
Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2010, 03:55:40 PM »
Quote from: Froudy;282361
Good news around here though is that since the government withdrew speed camera funding, Swidon got rid of them. Oxford and Devon and Cornwall are likely to do the same very soon.

:woohoo:
Raz as fuck - heavy flow

Offline ChrisIS6

Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 04:41:09 PM »
There's some really nasty holes in my dark corner of the country and there's no point asking them to fix them. If they do decide that one is particularly bad they just patch it and that just lasts until the next winter when rain snow and ice get on with their onion erosion.
The weak conform, the strong survive.

Offline Goose

Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 01:49:56 PM »
Quote from: Froudy;282361
They put 13 pairs of speedhumps in on the main road at the top of my street. It took us 2 years of campaigning to get them removed:mad:

Motoring bodies have proven beyond doubt that these speed humps or "Cushions" as they prefer to call them around here, cause major damage to tyres and suspension actually causing accidents to occur:shakeno:

'Cushions' for 'Sleeping Policemen'
Donut eating filth..... Don't do fuck all but get wages and act tough on the 'little man'... because they can.
JUST CHILLIN !!!!! :lol:

Offline Goose

Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2010, 01:51:17 PM »
Quote from: scarface;282374
:woohoo:

That'll be nice along those twisty North Devon roads, and then up Porlock hill.:smile:
JUST CHILLIN !!!!! :lol:

Offline Section_59

Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 10:55:02 AM »
Couple years ago a Nissan skyline lost it going round a bend because he hit a pothole mid bend wich caused his steering to turn right to the left slamming him into the wall at 40mph killing his 15 year old passanger so they re-tarmacked the entire bend with some really greasy tarmac wich caused my mate and a couple of days later another guy to low side it on the bend and from what i heard the second guy lost his leg so its a loose, loose situation, pot holes are dangerous but even when the council repaire them they dont think about it proply

Offline Divster

Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 01:29:23 PM »
thinking about potholes  ive a big strech just outside my house 30-40 fist sized some 2-3 foot long 2"-4" deep buggers surrounding a manhole cover
i was gonna take some piccys and go play fuck at the council orifice after i
been out on't bike for arf'n'hour and lo and behold theyve been down and filled them in

know what ya meaning about greasy tarmac too they just redone a major roundabout with the shite
but they also left the slick manhole cover thats right in the middle of the inside lane
one day ill be coming off the bike ofn that fucker i can see it
theres just no grip on it ,fatal if its wet
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 01:33:24 PM by Divster »
chrome.. g\'fucked ..matt black all the way

Offline Froudy

• Creaky Moderator
  • Administrator
Pothole Kills Riders
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 07:54:20 PM »
Report it here Divster...

http://www.fixmystreet.com/

It does work 'cos I've done it on a few now:wink: