Author Topic: No charges for Tomlinson death officer  (Read 725 times)

Offline Betablocker

• DTP Founder
  • Administrator
    • http://www.betablocker.co.uk
No charges for Tomlinson death officer
« on: July 22, 2010, 04:10:38 PM »
The police officer who knocked Ian Tomlinson to the ground at the G20 protests will not have to face any charges over his death.

A riot squad officer filmed knocking Ian Tomlinson to the ground during the G20 protests will not be prosecuted over his death, it has been announced.

The decision follows an independent inquiry into the clash on the fringes of G20 demonstrations in the City of London on April 1 last year.

Director of Public Prosecutions Keir Starmer said that after a thorough review of the case, the Crown Prosecution Service had concluded there was "no realistic prospect" of a conviction.

Mr Starmer said: "After a thorough and careful review of the evidence, the CPS has decided that there is no realistic prospects of a conviction against the police officer in question for any offence arising from the matter investigated and that no charges should be brought against him."

Mr Starmer added there is a "fundamental" disagreement among medical experts about what led to Mr Tomlinson's death.

The death of Mr Tomlinson, 47, became global news after amateur video evidence emerged that challenged the original official version of events.

Police told the newspaper seller's widow and nine children he died of a heart attack after being caught up in crowded streets around the protests.

But footage later showed Mr Tomlinson being struck from behind by a member of the Metropolitan Police's controversial territorial support group.

Members of the Tomlinson family were told of the decision at the headquarters of the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) in central London. They have criticised the CPS for taking too long to reach a decision after several delays.

http://itn.co.uk/2a6b8b3e437d0bd2cfd53a8634201d90.html

http://itn.co.uk/
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Offline rybes

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 05:42:05 PM »
fuck sake. so wheres it gunna end ? one copper gets away with murder, does this mean itll soon be legal for coppers to  kill anyone who they think is in the wrong ? fuckin wankers. sounds like to me that this country is turnin into one of those middle eastern dictatorships. were in charge not you. fuck me, im glad to be leavin this shit ridden cess pool of a country (no offence ment to anyone whos stayin put) wont be long till the ol bill are out in full riot gear. no more than 2 people can be gathered in any one place at any one time, curfews at 8pm, anyone out after that time will be shot. :wanker:s im gunna shut up now or ill end up makin meself look a right dick, that is if i havnt already :shakeno:
ive the memory of a goldfish with alzheimers :D even goldfishes support DTP

Offline Goose

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 05:59:39 PM »
It's a shame, but the police have found evidence to suggest that the newspaper salesman Ian Tomlinson actually threw himself onto the policeman's truncheon, and therefore the injuries were self harming.
They also found plans in his pocket which suggested that If he failed to injure himself, he was going to try and lock himself in a police van with a couple of police dogs in the sun for 7 hours.
JUST CHILLIN !!!!! :lol:

Offline ChrisIS6

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 06:25:47 PM »
That's bollocks. How can they justify that. That sets a really bad precedent for future disturbances. After watching that footage of the incident how can anyone say the plod did nothing wrong.
The weak conform, the strong survive.

Offline Sam21:19

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 06:35:09 PM »
Mr Starmer said: "After a thorough and careful review of the evidence, the CPS has decided that there is no realistic prospects of a conviction against the police officer in question for any offence arising from the matter investigated and that no charges should be brought against him."
even tho the cuntstable admitted in court, that he assaulted mr tomlinson. theres no realistic chance of a conviction, cus its a fuckin 'old boys club' and they all look out for each other...

The death of Mr Tomlinson, 47, became global news after amateur video evidence emerged that challenged the original official version of events.
thats cus the 'official' version was a fuckin fairy tale constructed by the pigs to cover their own arses...

But footage later showed Mr Tomlinson being struck from behind by a member of the Metropolitan Police's controversial territorial support group.
how could anyone say that mr tomlinson was a threat, he was stumbling away when he was hit from behind...

its no wonder people feel like breakin out their shotguns and shootin the fuckers is it...

FTP!
:freaked::freaked::lol:

Offline Goose

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 06:41:08 PM »
Definitely turning into a commy police state.
George Orwell got his dates a bit wrong that's all.
The pig should have swung on a rope.

Offline Goose

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 06:53:50 PM »
Then again, when you look at some of the Chavvy wankers they have to deal with on the streets, they must get disillusioned with it all as well. The hoody baseball capped spotty mouthy chavs are the little fuckers who need a good trunchering. Especially when you see them getting away with community orders and ASBO's for beating up old pensioners and nicking people's property, cos its easier than looking for a job.
Send them to Singapore. They would be flogged for dropping gum in the street or for knocking off school. As for harrassing people cos they are all in a gang, the police would just lay into the little fuckers.
That's where the police here have got it wrong..... They don't know who the victims are, cos they are not much better than tattooed thugs in uniform themselves, with fucking zilch investigative skills. They just rely on people shopping themselves.
Last night going home, I managed to de-accelerate from 110 to 50 in about 1 second when I saw what I thought was an un-marked silver police BMW in the slow lane of a local dual carriageway.
When I got to the traffic lights at the other end, I looked back to check if I was right, and sure enough the fucker was pulled up behind me at the lights. Then he gave me a (what I considered a sarcastic) thumbs up, just to show that he had nearly clocked me.
Condescending Cunt! Go and catch some real criminals.

Offline Bam-Bam

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 07:26:55 PM »
terrible, now what are we going to do about it?
Let the battle begin, with swords in the wind! Hail Gods of War!!

Offline 7thrifty

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 08:05:58 PM »
coppers do fuckall when you need them either, some fucking pikey started kicking on our lasses bedroom window shouting threats all because she had a falling out with his missis and then went and tried kicking her door in and the coppers took about 15 mins too arrive, they where known to the police and basically admitted what they had done but the cops just told our lass to ring the council if it kept happening, now, wheres that shotgun:mgun:
spanking a 14 year old twin

Offline welshbandit

• DTP Member
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 08:30:30 PM »
Seems to me that if your a law abiding citizen going about your business then your putting yourself at the mercy of the plod who are only interested in an easy ride an a good pension. When they drop a bollock, they close ranks, make sure that none of the shit goes their way and have a good ol laugh at some poor fuckers expense instead of standing up and being accountable for their actions. It`s great being screwed over your whole life by your fellow man who tell you it`s for your own good. Bout time this country had a revolution or civil war to sort this shit out.
SheepShaggers L.T.D.

Offline Froudy

• Creaky Moderator
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 08:34:44 PM »
As far as I'm concerned it was a foregone conclusion that he'd get off...Arsehole:mad:
Assumption is the mother of all Fuckups

Offline ChrisIS6

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 08:34:54 PM »
Maybe there should be a dtp political party. Sort everything out we would
The weak conform, the strong survive.

Offline rybes

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 08:40:12 PM »
:agreepost:
ive the memory of a goldfish with alzheimers :D even goldfishes support DTP

Offline Froudy

• Creaky Moderator
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 08:43:06 PM »
Ahhhh the Right Honourable Rybes....Got a nice sort of ring to it:big grin:
Assumption is the mother of all Fuckups

Offline Srevihc

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 08:49:01 PM »
Ok... seems like I'm gunna get sum bad feedback here...  but...
yes I agree the cop.. overreacted a bit... especially as the guy wasnt part of the protests... but he did go bak against the police, against their orders, and to be fair the police didnt exactly kill him..  So I don't think there should be so much hate towards the cop, as he didnt do anything massively wrong really.
SuRvIvAl oF ThE CrAzY!!!