Author Topic: What have you done in yer shed today?  (Read 65944 times)

Offline david.jsy

Re: What have you done in yer shed today?
« Reply #5970 on: April 12, 2017, 10:46:37 PM »
Picked up the ktm 990 adventure on friday afternoon

Damn it, I never got the chance to fart on the seat!!!

I did pass by the showroom a couple of times just for that purpose but there was never anywhere to park!!  >:(
Liquor in the front, poker in the back

Offline Goose

« Reply #5971 on: April 21, 2017, 04:03:22 PM »
I just fitted new front pads on it as well. Piece of piss on these, took about 30 minutes total.
Just for everyones info, I fitted EBC Double H pads, instead of Brembos.
I bought them on Ebay. They look genuine, and the braking was ok, apart from a bit of loss with wet discs when it rained, and they faded a bit when used heavy, but they were new to be honest.
Anyway, to cut to the chase, when I saw the Paypal receipt, the name on it was Chinese, which rang alarm bells in my head, and I wondered if they may have been Counterfeit.
I contacted EBC directly, and asked if they knew of any instances where their motorcycle pads have been counterfeited.
The guy was the most helpful bloke I have talked to. He checked my Vin no. and in the first instance told me I had bought the wrong pads, as my speed triple model used a slightly thicker back plate. And also, he sent me overnight delivery, a complete set of proper new pads (probably about 65-70 worth), completely free of charge, and all he asked, was that I returned the old ones when I had swapped them over, so they could check them, which I have now done.
The new ones deffo feel more positive, so watch this space.
But lets face it, That is a fantastic Customer Service, at its very best.
Hats off, and Thumbs up to EBC Brakes.
I will buy directly from them from now on. Also, when he gets back in touch, I'm gonna ask if we can get a club discount if we order brake products directly from them. You only get if you ask ;)

The guy (Jon) from EBC got back to me, and the pads I bought on-line were genuine. However, what a great customer service.
JUST CHILLIN !!!!! :lol:

Offline pete1234

« Reply #5972 on: April 22, 2017, 04:25:03 PM »
done nowt yet but just about to go down and sort it out because after not having a bike for a couple of years me tools are all over the place , mountain bikes in pieces (4 of em) , lawn mowers , camping gear and general shite , when i had me bikes it was spotless i knew where everything was if i wanted summat i could lay my hands on it blind folded.....but not now oh no but it will change because there's a new addition to the family in the form of an rx1000 of 1987 vintage that i got for 400 squid , why i want another is beyond me as the last one i chucked down the road at 130mph and nearly fucked meself up
proud to be a pork eating kafir

Offline Goose

« Reply #5973 on: April 25, 2017, 02:58:38 PM »
done nowt yet but just about to go down and sort it out because after not having a bike for a couple of years me tools are all over the place , mountain bikes in pieces (4 of em) , lawn mowers , camping gear and general shite , when i had me bikes it was spotless i knew where everything was if i wanted summat i could lay my hands on it blind folded.....but not now oh no but it will change because there's a new addition to the family in the form of an rx1000 of 1987 vintage that i got for 400 squid , why i want another is beyond me as the last one i chucked down the road at 130mph and nearly fucked meself up

You know you wanted it....
Anyway, that gives you the excuse to sort the garage out.
JUST CHILLIN !!!!! :lol:

Offline pete1234

« Reply #5974 on: April 25, 2017, 07:46:26 PM »
all sorted now mate after a couple of trips to the tip , me garage is now what it was like a couple of year back (more or less) just need to sort out me socket sets , spanners etc and bob's yer uncle all ready for the new addition that's getting dropped off tommorrow

Offline Radar

« Reply #5975 on: April 25, 2017, 11:08:36 PM »
I hope to turn my garage into a useable space this year too, only lived in current place for 17 years, so it is about time

Offline Froudy

• Creaky Moderator
  • Administrator
« Reply #5976 on: April 29, 2017, 11:46:33 PM »
Recovered the GSX1400 seat again as the one I did last year split..The seller on Eblag sent me another one out free of charge :D
Assumption is the mother of all Fuckups

Offline pete1234

« Reply #5977 on: May 01, 2017, 07:54:45 PM »
top stuff mucker that looks a proper tidy job innit bruv  8)

Offline user name

« Reply #5978 on: August 26, 2017, 10:53:50 AM »
got my full titanium exhaust off and replaced it with the original
all of this to get on the track so i dont piss the nature fans off
sound limits it sucks
whiskey throttle with a dash of premature acceleration