Author Topic: anti tampering laws!  (Read 276 times)

Offline PhilR1

anti tampering laws!
« on: November 01, 2012, 11:42:41 AM »
Any news on the above? cant find nothing on interweb.
Support DTP.......I`ve no idea how i ever managed without one - The  one - R1

Offline user name

anti tampering laws!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 12:37:35 PM »
whiskey throttle with a dash of premature acceleration

Offline user name

anti tampering laws!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 12:38:08 PM »
1.The Anti tampering Regulation: Specifically Article 18 which wants to stop all modifications to complete power train, from airbox to controlling the rear tyre profile.
 2.Compulsory ABS. If we can’t stop this, we must get a switch so that we have an option in difficult conditions where ABS doesn’t function well.
 3.Automatic headlights on- passing the blame for poor observation on to us.
 4.OBD. On Board Diagnostics so that easy roadside checks can be made of our emissions and so that constant readouts of engine performance can be obtained. Expensive, complicated and with the threat, rather like a tacho, of identifying past riding style…
 5.RMI. Repair and Maintenance Information. Rather than keeping it hidden and available for huge expense, there is a chance that manufacturers will be forced to provide ECU codes etc for a fee. What that fee is remains to be seen.
 6.The very worrying article 52: “If systems, components or seperate technical units on a list in a delegated act to this regulation, have a dual use, for vehicles intended exclusively for racing on roads and for vehicles intended for use on public roads, they may not be sold or offered for sale to consumers” So if your K&N filter can fit a CBR race bike and a CBR road bike, the best way to police that, is to make it illegal to sell the filter in Europe.The Delegated Acts are the most scary thing, as they are the lists and details drawn up by the unelected and we won’t get to see what they are including until after the Regulation has been passed!
 7.In solidarity with the French we need to be drawing attention to their recent government proposal to ban all bikes over 7 years old from an urban area and to make the wearing of day-glo/ reflective clothing compulsory.
 8.Full sleeve day-glo clothing for riders and passengers has been proposed in the Irish Parliament too.
 9.All these issues lead to the same thing, that we must take the blame for the incompetence of other road users. And while the emergency stop has been removed as a compulsory element of the UK car driving test, we are jumping through hoops with ill-judged UK interpretations of EU licencing directives.
 10.Another EU licencing Directive is on its way (3DLD) to step the bike licencing system still further and the DfT and DSA still haven’t sorted the consultation process, even though it is meant to be in law by now and enacted January 2013.
whiskey throttle with a dash of premature acceleration

Offline scarface

• two thumbs fresh
anti tampering laws!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 12:55:04 PM »
Lifted from mag fb...

Following the evidence MAG and others gave to the DfT, especially a report from the Dept of Environment in N Ireland (who control MoTs there) the House of Commons European Scrutiny Committee has released a document outlining why the UK cannot support plans for a new Super MoT.
They class their assessment as 'Politically Important' which is encouraging. This comes on the back of the Swedish, Dutch and French parliaments stating they cannot sanction the idea.

The report criticises all the 'assumptions' the EU Commission has made and acknowledges that they have very little evidence on which to base their ideas.It takes particular issue with the assumptions made about possible lives saved and notes the inclusion of trailers would cost the UK an estimated ?237 million.

The report acknowledges what MAG said about vastly increased costs to motorists and that the costs far out weigh any justified gains. In fact, the Sec of State for Transport Patrick McLoughlin will be attending the first Transport Council meeting with the Cypriot Presidency (current EU Presidency) on Monday (29th Oct) where an opening debate on the Super MoT is planned. Patrick McLoughlin has identified that overall there will be costs incurred of 1 Billion Euros without any discernible benefit in road safety.

The opinion of the House of Commons Scrutiny Committee isn't a huge document and I will provide further analysis of it, but it does make very refreshing reading, so if you are interested, please have a look at it here:

http://www.euhandsoffbiking.co.uk/pdf/PTI%20Proposal/UK_Scrutiny%20of%20PTI%20proposal.pdf

We have put the document on the wwwEUHandsoffbiking.co.uk website where you will no doubt be delighted to learn we now have T-shirts available again in the popular Large size

This, and other things, will certainly help us respond to some the MEPs who have been replying that 'it's all probably a good idea...'
I promise some suggested responses will be supplied next week, but please remember that at this stage we are only writing to MEPs who sit on the Transport and Tourism Committee (TRAN),
(see list here http://www.mag-uk.org/en/campaignsdetail/a7056 )

http://www.euhandsoffbiking.co.uk

and more...

The EU Parliament has issued a press release saying they are happy they've now closed a deal on the Type Approval Regulation and seem pleased that they've got the EU Commission to promise it will have done a cost analysis in 4 years time.
Perhaps that'll be enough time to ensure they have gathered some evidence to justify the move...

Read it here...

http://www.euhandsoffbiking.co.uk/pdf/TA%20Regulation%20Documents/MEPs%20close%20deal%20with%20Council%20on%20safer.pdf
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 12:59:10 PM by scarface »
Raz as fuck - heavy flow

Offline PhilR1

anti tampering laws!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 11:20:20 PM »
Looks like a partial reprieve......but dont hold your breath...
Support DTP.......I`ve no idea how i ever managed without one - The  one - R1

Offline The_Wookie

anti tampering laws!
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 09:16:43 AM »
So you won't be able to have fun making small capacity chopped scooters or sub 500cc engined fighters?.... seems like a fucking big boot to the head if you ask me!
Born again bastard. Tendency to cunt as well... :wink:

Offline alfiestorm

anti tampering laws!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 10:37:50 AM »
my signature
vote UKIP and save our country and biking

Offline scarface

• two thumbs fresh
anti tampering laws!
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 10:43:38 AM »
Is ukip still run by a bunch of fucking mentalists?

wouldn't trust ukip to run the local bingo hall
Raz as fuck - heavy flow

Offline alfiestorm

anti tampering laws!
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 11:42:08 AM »
Quote from: scarface;404792
Is ukip still run by a bunch of fucking mentalists?

wouldn't trust ukip to run the local bingo hall

Withput getting drawn into a political shit fight the answer to your question is no :smile:
vote UKIP and save our country and biking

Offline scarface

• two thumbs fresh
anti tampering laws!
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 12:19:20 PM »
Don't worry, I never get drawn into a political shit fight, but what I will say is this. ALL politicians are CUNTS, I trust none of them. They will tell you what you want to hear to garner votes then sail you down the river, anybody who believes otherwise is naive or retarded. There is no political party that stands for me, yes I would like us to be out of the EU, we were signed over before I was born, and no party has done fuck all about it since. UKIP wouldn't know how to run a country if they were given an idiots guide, same as the green party just wanting us to use ecover washing up liquid and to tax us out of our cars, but don't know fuck all else, and bnp wanting all black/ethnic people out, but also lack the brain cells and policies to keep the country together. And no arguement will change my opinion, people only get into politics for their own means.
Raz as fuck - heavy flow

Offline Pitbull

• http://
anti tampering laws!
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 12:35:23 PM »
Only one way is right...................

German Army Marching - YouTube

:big grin:

Offline scarface

• two thumbs fresh
anti tampering laws!
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 12:37:51 PM »
:doh: :lol::lol::lol:
Raz as fuck - heavy flow

Offline Pitbull

• http://
anti tampering laws!
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »