Author Topic: rusted plugs  (Read 179 times)

Offline pete1234

rusted plugs
« on: April 28, 2017, 04:44:41 PM »
whats the best way to get rusted plugs out of a cylinder head without feckin it up , i've soaked em in plus gas for a few hours ,  it's no big deal about stripping the threads on the head (if i can help it)because i'm stripping the motor down anyway but i would rather avoid any work thats not needed
proud to be a pork eating kafir

Offline TOAD

Re: rusted plugs
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 05:15:46 PM »
Give it  till tomorrow Pete and try backing them out slowly. A little heat if not mate

Offline pete1234

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 08:51:21 PM »
no 1 2 and3 plugs came out a peice of piss but no4 i swear to god it was welded in place which resulted in me stripping the threads but no hassel as i took the head off today and sorted the threads out , just a feck about

Offline Froudy

• Creaky Moderator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 11:43:13 PM »
3 out of 4 wasn't bad going..You just know at least one isn't going to come out clean :P

Bit like removing exhaust header bolts >:(
Assumption is the mother of all Fuckups

Offline Gonzo

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 05:34:01 PM »
For future reference, boiling oil down the plug'ole, and if it's really stubborn, head off, upside down, valves closed and more boiling oil in the combustion chamber. Not had to do it meself, but a few mates who are old skool bikers swear by it.
I hate oil-boilers.:mad1:

Offline pete1234

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 03:23:20 PM »
Ya learn summat new every day ive been pissin about with bikes for a good 35ish years and never heard of that method before I'll keep it in mind for future reference but i doubt if it wouldve had much immpression on number4 plug it was well an truely fused in there . Cheers mate

Offline Gonzo

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 11:02:04 AM »
Glad to be of service. They did recommend using as thin an oil as is humanly possible, and to ensure it was indeed bubbling like a geyser when you pour it in.
I hate oil-boilers.:mad1: