Author Topic: carb compatibility  (Read 226 times)

Offline pete1234

carb compatibility
« on: May 19, 2017, 08:43:48 PM »
anyone know of a set of carbs that'll fit an rx1000 i dont know the spaces between them but will have a measure up tomorrow because i've found a set but the robbing twats want £165...well fuck that and shove it where the sun don't shine
proud to be a pork eating kafir

Offline slim

Re: carb compatibility
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 11:00:09 PM »
I think my mate is running bst36ss on his RX engined thing from memory they were off a gsxr1100k

I don't know what was involved in that mate but can ask for you Monday or Tuesday
for a better power to weight ratio DIET !

Offline Gonzo

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 10:24:20 AM »
Mikuni RS36 flatslides fit. Even if you find a set spaced for an engine with centre camchain, they can be remounted with little fuss to match the RX spacing. I should know, I've done it.
I hate oil-boilers.:mad1:

Offline slim

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 12:09:57 AM »
Sorry for the late reply pete

He did have gsxr 11 carbs on it spaced to suit but went back to stock as it runs better low down like that,  he's got it tuned & geared for low down grunt, the 11 carbs made it top end happy which isn't what he wanted with no fairing

Offline pete1234

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 08:55:48 AM »
cheers slim but i'm sorted now i found a set for 100 quid , they're on the bike and all up and running , now all i've got to do is totally strip the bike down to rebuild it.....as you do  :-\

Offline slim

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 11:42:01 PM »
Don't forget to set the balancer shaft when its all back up & running mate, plenty of folk don't bother then (usually) number 2 piston makes a bid for freedom  :o

Don't ask how I know  :-X

Offline ssn

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 06:06:33 AM »
Hi Slim
Pleace eksplain ,,,,how to ,,,what to do
Søren

Offline slim

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 12:25:05 PM »
Hi Slim
Pleace eksplain ,,,,how to ,,,what to do
Søren

Hi soren,
Down on the right side of the engine under the pickup cover there is a little shaft with a slot in the end sticking out, it has a clamp around it & a locking bolt it looks very much like a gearchange lever end where it goes on the spline

With the engine warm & ticking over put a screwdriver in the slot then undo the locking bolt (8mm head from memory) turn the screwdriver a little & you will hear a scraping whining sound turn the screwdriver until it stops then back it off a little until just before it starts again, lock it off & its done

That is probably not the best explanation as its a bit of a knack & you really do it by ear but it is in all the manuals & well worth looking up, the engine will run smoother & idle better if its right

I have done loads now for people who didn't even know it existed, once you have done it once its easy mate

Offline pete1234

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 04:36:18 PM »
reckon it's one of those jobs you think (or at least myself) i'll do it in a minute but then i get distracted by thoughts of big tits and the like (or is that just me again) but thanks for reminding me i'll make a mental not of it....after the big tits