Author Topic: serious twistys  (Read 518 times)

HODO

serious twistys
« on: October 29, 2004, 12:46:15 AM »
If your looking for a great road that gets you sweatin, look no further than the B5105 that runs from Ruthin down to Cerrigydrudion (don't ask me to say it) on the A5.
Its  about 15 miles of the twistiest road you will find (apart from the cat and fiddle) Apart from the couple of little villages there is nothing else to slow you down, no cameras and no plod.  Just be carefull getting there, on the A494 just before Ruthin, the plod wait on the dual carriageway, sometimes with the vehicle inspectorate, and pull every biker they see.... twats frown.
Best to miss the by-pass and go thru Ruthin town to miss the killjoys.
There is a cafe on the A5, turn left on to A5 (from the B5105) and its about 80 yrds on the right, watch out though, the Welsh granny who runs it is a bit scatty and tries to charge you about 4 quid for a piece of apple pie.  laugh

Offline norty mart

serious twistys
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 11:34:36 AM »
Quote from: HODO
sometimes with the vehicle inspectorate, and pull every biker they see....

...pointless I know but it'd be interesting to sit & watch them with a video camera for as long as they are there & see if they pull cars/trucks etc. as well as bikes.

We all know the chief sheep shagger's opinion of bikers but if they are targeting bikes to the extent of overlooking other potential law breakers, then surely that's grounds for discrimination...if it were for skin colour, gender or religion there'd be an governmental outcry!

...back on topic - there are lots of roads out that way that are pretty good, takes a little exploring to find them & you proably never will again but well worth it if you can avoid the filth.

Offline GStueyXR

• http://
serious twistys
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 08:22:58 PM »
Have ridden this road with you I think.... Is it the one with the scary stone wall on the left hander, the one that tried to eat me  freaked
My Job is to keep Beta Busy  :)

HODO

serious twistys
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 08:45:34 PM »
Quote from: norty mart
...pointless I know but it'd be interesting to sit & watch them with a video camera for as long as they are there & see if they pull cars/trucks etc. as well as bikes.

The worst thing about this Norty is that they only pull over bikes... even worse is that they openly admit it, saying (quote from copper) It costs us a fortune when bikers have a accident, so if we can put you off coming all together the better for us, that's why we will do you for anything we can find. And the bastards do as well  CUSS

HODO

serious twistys
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 08:48:17 PM »
Quote from: GStueyXR
Have ridden this road with you I think.... Is it the one with the scary stone wall on the left hander, the one that tried to eat me  freaked

Thats the one Stu, the more scary the roads, the better the buzz.  nodyes

I think it is a cracking road though. and the more you ride it the better it gets... it is a bit like riding a big dipper though freaked

ZXR

serious twistys
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 12:51:55 AM »
I went passed the plod spot mentioned in a clapped out VW gti ..... unlucky was the gsxr rider behind me .... he was pulled and i was sent off.

It was a pretended tax detection unit .... If he was looking for tax he wouldnt have found any on my car .... all he cared about was the bike ffs .....

What a toosser!.

(I had no tax coz I was driving car
 to a prearranged P/ex for a daytona 900 lol .... wasnt gona tax it for 6 hours driving ffs )

anyway the daytona was too poor in the oooooomph department so had to go .....
P/ex'd it in for the clapped out zxr i have recently restored lol...
Being my 7th ZXR I assumed I was an expert ... but ... thats another story lol

MadMicK

serious twistys
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 05:31:42 PM »
Wales can go fuck itself this year  big grin dont fancy duckin an divin all over the place to aviod them fuckers  CUSS no doubt they will have a few new tactics up their sleeve this year  nodyes

LET WALES FUCKIN ROTT

Campaign  big grin  thumbs

Offline stalker

serious twistys
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2005, 09:18:42 PM »
I still think the road from devil`s to Hawes and from Hawes to settle rocks,Mick,Bonkers and most of the usual suspects have been on it last year,bit of everything,fast bends,slow bends,hairpin bends,jumps if your fast enough,oh and last but not least,SHEEP if you like that sort of thing laugh
46 is the magic number....

Offline Buzz

serious twistys
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2005, 09:49:03 PM »
Quote from: stalker
I still think the road from devil`s to Hawes and from Hawes to settle rocks,Mick,Bonkers and most of the usual suspects have been on it last year,bit of everything,fast bends,slow bends,hairpin bends,jumps if your fast enough,oh and last but not least,SHEEP if you like that sort of thing laugh

That's a quality bit of road, however it is where my mate came together with the front of a car and his bike burst into flames on a charity run....for the air ambulance.....which he got taken away in.

Still a good road tho.
Be a good rider & have both hands & feet on the controls at all times-Evel K:oldman:

Offline SFC

• DTP Member
serious twistys
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 08:36:09 AM »
just a small tip for all you english, if you see a sign saying welsh pork or fresh pork sold here at the beginning of one of our great roads it means the local bike riders have already traveled that road nice and early in the morning and have spotted a pig patrol there to give us all a small warning, now i should not of told you this. do the police only stop you in wales ? i don't think so and there is a big police pressance only on sunday due to all the english who dont now the roads who seem to pop in and blast around then fuck off back home or crash everywhere ? so as for the let wales f**kin rot slant :fu2::mad1:
"your only supposed to blow the bloody door\'s off "

Offline Froudy

• Creaky Moderator
  • Administrator
serious twistys
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 04:38:01 PM »
Ta fer the heads up Carl:thumbs:
Assumption is the mother of all Fuckups

Offline Pitbull

serious twistys
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 05:19:25 PM »
Quote from: streetfightercarl;192947
just a small tip for all you english, if you see a sign saying welsh pork or fresh pork sold here at the beginning of one of our great roads it means the local bike riders have already traveled that road nice and early in the morning and have spotted a pig patrol there to give us all a small warning, now i should not of told you this. do the police only stop you in wales ? i don't think so and there is a big police pressance only on sunday due to all the english who dont now the roads who seem to pop in and blast around then fuck off back home or crash everywhere ? so as for the let wales f**kin rot slant :fu2::mad1:

Crackling idea mate:big grin:Crackling/cracking...............get it............:big grin:

I,ll get my coat:tumble::coat:

Offline scarface

• two thumbs fresh
serious twistys
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 05:29:08 PM »
Quote from: Riff-raff;192985
Crackling idea mate:big grin:Crackling/cracking...............get it............:big grin:

I,ll get my coat:tumble::coat:

You could sell that one to Rybes :shakeno:

:big grin:
Raz as fuck - heavy flow

Offline Pitbull

serious twistys
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 05:40:13 PM »
:lol::lol::lol:

Really poor post for my 6500:nocomment:

The sign idea is a really good thing though.Will hopefully be having a trip or 2 down into Wales next year and will certainly be keeping an eye out for them
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 05:47:01 PM by Pitbull »

Offline Betablocker

• DTP Founder
  • Administrator
    • http://www.betablocker.co.uk
serious twistys
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 07:15:30 PM »
Quote from: streetfightercarl;192947

You will notice that post was from 2005...........and that user is no longer part of this forum.

ps
I hate the welsh as much as they hate me........if they do of course
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.