Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Davw
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: zxr400 track, vfr800 road

Back to the 400s

Post by Davw »

After a few years messing with the Pre-Inj 600 next year its back to the zxr400 for me. I toyed with the idea of a Minitwin but when I fired the old 400 up yesterday that convinced me.
So, fettling begins. new paint, new seat unit, change the gearbox from the "roads" SP to a more launch friendly standard box, clearances, check oil change and off we go.
the 400 has been in the hands of Robbie Lyall while I have been messing with the 600 so it is going to have to get used to being treated with much more care and respect (and also going much slower) now its back with me!!!!
Fatspanner Racing/[/size][/color]
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Re: Back to the 400s

Post by Mori Man »

Davw wrote:After a few years messing with the Pre-Inj 600 next year its back to the zxr400 for me. I toyed with the idea of a Minitwin but when I fired the old 400 up yesterday that convinced me.
So, fettling begins. new paint, new seat unit, change the gearbox from the "roads" SP to a more launch friendly standard box, clearances, check oil change and off we go.
the 400 has been in the hands of Robbie Lyall while I have been messing with the 600 so it is going to have to get used to being treated with much more care and respect (and also going much slower) now its back with me!!!!
Not all Gearboxes were made the same - std box is still not where it's at - study all boxes , you can build something better :smt003 Not as good as the F3 unit but pretty darn close :smt001

Not sure with rules but now have a 471cc kit - this puts it above 90BHP , all your first generation 600 carb' bikes were well bellow this :smt004

My dilemma is putting my works F3 engine under the knife for a 471 upgrade and while at it have it carbon diamond coated internally to see it push over 100bhp on carb's :smt007

Running costs make it around 6,000 GBP but name a 600cc bike that sits and looks like a ZXR400 - more so the H/J ?
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
wilko
My Bike: zxr400 L1 & R1 4c8

Post by wilko »

[/
Not all Gearboxes were made the same - std box is still not where it's at - study all boxes , you can build something better :smt003 Not as good as the F3 unit but pretty darn close :smt001

Not sure with rules but now have a 471cc kit - this puts it above 90BHP , all your first generation 600 carb' bikes were well bellow this :smt004

My dilemma is putting my works F3 engine under the knife for a 471 upgrade and while at it have it carbon diamond coated internally to see it push over 100bhp on carb's :smt007

Running costs make it around 6,000 GBP but name a 600cc bike that sits and looks like a ZXR400 - more so the H/J ?
Did you ever get around to the 471 upgrade? would be a good read to hear you thoughts on it and how it rode.

:excited
Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy toad, what a ride!
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

Not as yet - been a year of big change .

Will think about the ZXRs again next year when the dust has settled confuddled
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly