How well does this bike work in winter?

Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

DeividasVicinskas
My Bike: tomos moped

How well does this bike work in winter?

Post by DeividasVicinskas »

Hi guys, was wondering, if you have any troubles starting the bike up in winter? How long do you usually need to wait for it to fully warm up so you can ride? What about the autumn? I will be using this bike for this entire year to commute (at around 8 o clock in the morning), and during these warm/ish days it's starting up fine, but I am wondering how well it last in the winter. Thanks as always!
P.S. The bike will be kept outside, lowest temp expected during the winter is probably around 0-2 Celsius during night in my area
Miles
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400 L3

Re: How well does this bike work in winter?

Post by Miles »

I haven't had too many problems with it in Belfast during winter months. It frequently drops to minus temperatures.

I would advise getting a cover for the bike though at least. If nothing else it with help stop frost forming on the bike and giving you a soggy bottom
DeividasVicinskas
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by DeividasVicinskas »

Great to hear that! And will probably look into that, just a regular weather cover correct? And what are your thoughts on battery tender? Worth it?
Miles
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400 L3

Post by Miles »

I would say so, a battery tender that you can plug into the bike without having to remove the battery would be best. Especially as cold kills batteries.

Yeh just a standard weather cover but make sure to tie it down as they blow away and rip as I found out.