Would this rectifier fit L9 model?

Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

DeividasVicinskas
My Bike: tomos moped

Would this rectifier fit L9 model?

Post by DeividasVicinskas »

First of all I am very sorry for posting quite a few threads, but this seems to be the last important one, and I don't want to add this as a comment to other ones because it's completely a different topic.

Now...

I had some issues with my rectifier as it wasn't charging battery properly (currently riding in day time only with lights off to be safe), looking for a new one. The OEM ones go for like 100 pounds which is too much for me, I saw this part http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Regulator-Rec ... 3641.l6368 can someone please confirm that this would fit any L model? it says 91-03 but I am not sure what that notation means, as I don't believe zxr was made in 2003 anymore?? I am assuming all of the L models have the same rectifier and this should fit my bike? I have L9 (1999) version. Thanks a lot guys, and I will try not to spam the forums anymore.

Now if that part does not fit my bike, this is the cheapest I found that says it fits my exact model: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-ZXR- ... POJy75xAMg

Question is, is it risky to buy this one? As it is 40 GBP cheaper than the OEM one. Would it have a shorter life span?
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: Would this rectifier fit L9 model?

Post by banner001 »

yes they were made right up to 2003, that reg will fit your bike, they are now all made in the same chinese/viatnamese/tiawanese sweat shop...
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
DeividasVicinskas
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Would this rectifier fit L9 model?

Post by DeividasVicinskas »

Great thanks I will be picking up the one from ebay for 40 quid hopefully it will work alright :smt003