Advice on header issues please.

Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

MRLZXR400
My Bike: ZXR400

Advice on header issues please.

Post by MRLZXR400 »

Hi,

Recently purchased an L9 and in the process of making a to-do list.

The bike came with the original silencer which I'd like to put back on but the previous owner has fitted a Micron and unless a new header has been fitted at some point too, it appears they've chopped the factory fitting off the end of the pipe to fit the Micron slip-on.

The Micron has a dent in it so I'm looking to replace it.

Firstly, does anyone have any recent experience with the Black Widow headers?
If I fit one of these it comes with an adapter to accommodate the OEM box, but wondering if they're any good?

Also, would someone be kind enough to measure the diameter of the pipe so I can compare it to mine to find out if it's an after fit header and not the original, as it looks a wider diameter?

And if anyone has a header in nice condition without the end chopped off or knows of a slip on adapter to fit the original box it would be good to hear from you.

Thanks
Mark
1999 Kawasaki ZXR400 UK L9, 1960 Triumph Tiger Cub, 1996 Ducati 748, 1999 Aprilia RS125 2T.
ickle pob
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Advice on header issues please.

Post by ickle pob »

I'm picking a bike up on Tuesday to break,as I want spares for racing, but not the rest. I'll see what pipe it comes with. It could be a full micron, but it's hard to make it out on the pictures he sent.
MRLZXR400
My Bike: ZXR400

Re: Advice on header issues please.

Post by MRLZXR400 »

Thank you, keep me posted.
1999 Kawasaki ZXR400 UK L9, 1960 Triumph Tiger Cub, 1996 Ducati 748, 1999 Aprilia RS125 2T.