Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

wonderpupp
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: ZX6R P7F

I'm Back Baby. Just about

Post by wonderpupp »

Well guys, my string of bad luck continues.

Since my leg injury at work, I got my ZX636 back from it's accident in June last year. I got a Honda Civic 1.4 to replace the one my brother trashed feb last year, has a lousy Christmas. Travelled about the place on my ZX6R, clocked up oodles of miles doing whilst on a sabbatical / signed off for depression from all the bad stuff going on last year. Soooooo

I got 3 points for speeding in November. Made NO difference to my ZX6R insurance. Was lucky not to be banned, but it was my birthday and I was very humble.

Last week I got smacked off on a local roundabout by a lady in a Seat alhamabra. Not my fault. My bike insurance will go up from £300 to £690 fully comp.

So in the last 12 months my insurance record for the bike says "6 years no claims. 2 Non-fault accidents, SP30 3 points £60 fine. "

Why does that make my insurannce hoik up? SP30 is worth £12. I did a quote without it.

So I'm looking for a nice ZXR400, or as Wakka is hanging now, a definitive guide to restoring mine back to its former glory. ZXR400 will only be £130 a year to insure.

All help/advice where to start will be appreciated.

Planning on selling the ZX6R in October / November, cos that's when the insurance will be due. So that's my deadline. Money is not a massive factor, I've got £2500 to spend. (Thanks to Accident advice helpline..) Should I just buy a fresh 400? Or should I go for a RVF400? Silly question here, but still..?

PS I missed you all and i'm sorry for being a miserable hobo.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

firstly welcome back pupps, missed you too! secondly i'll slap you with a big wet fish for even considering getting rid of wakka (especially for a honda) thirdly get in that garage and start stripping her down and do a build thread!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by deviant »

£2500 will get you..

- absolutely mint late L model ZXR.

OR

- ratty yet overpriced RVF

hmm tough call. personally though i'd rebuild yours, using some of the cash to pay for work you dont want to do yourself and some for shiny bits!

glad to see you back. hope this is the end of the bad luck for you!
In the garage:
Kawasaki ZXR400 L3 - shiny
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
1978 Suzuki GS400 - PROJECT RETRO RACER!
Kawasaki GPz500S - for sale soon
Honda CG125 BR-J - in bits
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Welcome back pupp, it cant last forever cos your luck will swing the other way at some point!

Baz, did you slap simon with a wet fish for swapping the ZED for a honda?
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

i will when i see him robB don't you worry, his sign aint gonna look right now with "sponsored by zxrworld" on it!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
zxr400dior
My Bike: tomos moped

things can only get better

Post by zxr400dior »

go for the zxr! i just bought a 97 zxr 400 for £1950- very clean, 12444 on the clock, just needs a good old service and im putting new tyres on it. Spent about a month looking for the "ideal one"..........but u know how it is everytime u look at it u think "mmmmmmmm, wot can i do to it next!"
wonderpupp
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: ZX6R P7F

Post by wonderpupp »

Found a nice P reg green and white one, took it for a ride, and it's just not like wakka - now remember how I had wakka suspension set up for me, & 65bhp at the back wheel somehow? This one had saggy suspension but was all mint like. 16k mile on the clock. Not worth the difference, at £1495.

I have decide to sell thetitanium laser exhaust I have on my 636, that'll do my insurance for the next year. Go back to the Yoshimura (With dent from accident!!) In the meantime, I've started to rent a garage to start restoring Wakka. But oh man it's hanging. And I need a van to move it. And a VAT of AC90.

When I'm done, it'll be black I think. with the frame & Swing arm powdercoated RAL6018 - remember the perks of working with a powdercoating facility. Or go left green frame / black plastics, right side black frame green plastics. Ooh. Special.

Any designs, offer them up.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

for those that don't know what ral 6018 is see here http://www.emachineshop.com/finishing/powder.htm
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

RAL 6018 = Yellow Green :smt001