Engine Rebuild

Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

lubricantpixie
My Bike: Daytona 675/ ZXR 400

Engine Rebuild

Post by lubricantpixie »

hi guys, need help i am looking to get my engine rebuilt, but need to know if anyone has any experience or contacts.

The engine is an old 1991 and it has been ridden properly so now runs a bit lumpy. i found some guys who do crank rebuilds and of course there is TTS but has anyone got any other ideas to make it run sweet again???
Why are women like hoovers?

When they stop sucking just get them a new bag.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

you say its running lumpy, is that on tickover? If its just lumpy on tickover then the carbs probably just need balancing, no need for a whole re-build.
lubricantpixie

hmmm

Post by lubricantpixie »

yeah i thought maybe the carbs needed balancing again, so i am getting that done.

what i meant to say is that when its idling or low revs you can hear the engine turning over really unsmoothly. and i can feel the crankshaft through my pegs, it feels like its worn. cc.........cc........cc like that i guess, its the hardest thing to try and explain though.

cheers for your help as always though

Bozzie
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Bozzie »

I dont get that sound but when you pull your clutch in does it go away. When i had mine, it always made like a chicking sound till i pulled clutch in. Heard its just kawasakis nothing to worry bout
lubricantpixie

yeah

Post by lubricantpixie »

yeah the sound stops when i pull the clutch in and bring the revs up, its just when its revving low that it seems like its struggling a bit. but when i am riding properly the sound isnt there but i can still feel it running as if the grankshat is running concentrically.
probably nothing but its one of those little things that just bugs you.

Bozzie
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Bozzie »

mine blurbled i think is the word. when it was idling, found a spot by changing the idle point slightly higher. Tried that?
Ballsout Racing
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Re: Engine Rebuild

Post by Ballsout Racing »

lubricantpixie wrote:hi guys, need help i am looking to get my engine rebuilt, but need to know if anyone has any experience or contacts.
???
I can't recommend Dynotech in Basingstoke highly enough. They probably know more about ZXR400s than anyone. Speak to Andy or Keith on 01256 881711 and say Greville sent you :smt002 Good Luck!