First Near Death Experience

Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

First Near Death Experience

Post by superman »

Just thought i would tell about sat when i went to bridge north and had the most scary experience iv ever had, well here it goes in a nutshell on the way back from bridge north keeping up with me mate on his gixer round the twisties when i hit one particular lefter as i get into it and start to lean in a little fly slipped through the crack in my visor an into my eye so in panic i pull the front brake (twaaaaaat) why do you do the stupidest things when you panic. so at 60 mph apply brake and wham the bike levels just befor the apex of the corner so i realise quicktime but its a little late so im knee touchin on the wrong side of the road on a blind bend hopin its a metro comin the other way an not a scana 18 wheeler as i get round i narrowly miss 2 cars an i do mean narrow cant have been more than inches from clippin me. anyway thats the worst iv had so far, i would be interested in other peoples storys of near misses, am sure people have had worse than that but it really puts the brakes on the speed factor for about the next 2 bends. :smt010
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

we've all done it mate , my worse is last year approaching an island near stratford, me and rob636 were tanking down this road, i overtook him and thought f*** it i'll take this lorry in time for the island, completely misjudged it, hit the brakes, drops it down the gears, back spins and wiggles like a snake, bike is sideways flying towards the island and i knew i weren't gonna make but f***ed if i was gonna drop her, so stayed with it, luckily the cars flying round the island must have seen me coming so they stopped on the island as i skidded through the traffic and came to a halt in the middle of the island facing the wrong way, spun her round and got my ass outta there before someone killed me! bloody scary but it was fun!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Xphyral »

hitting a dual carrigeway central reservation at 130 and staying on the bike.

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
Renegade

Post by Renegade »

the most scary thing that has happened to me this year was when i was on my way back from a job interview, i only had shirt and trousers on and my coat so i wasnt protected at all,

went round a really long right hander about 50 and its an 80mph corner ussually, very long and bumpy corner, just easing the throttle on all the way round, come to the end or the corner, still bumpy, opened it up to about 70 and just as i came out the corner and i was straightening back up i hit a rather large bump and my handle bars were shaking really bad, thought i was gonna high side so i just opened the throttle a bit more, which eased the shaking up and then jus took it easy on the way home, not that bad but scared me coz i had no gear on
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

Well the thing that done it for me was not bein able to press the brake an not knowin what was round the corner. (thank god it werent another biker in the same predicament as me.
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
Gemini
cloning technology
cloning technology
My Bike: CBR1000RR4 Fireblade

Post by Gemini »

GETTING MARRIED WAS MINE!!!!!!!! :smt089
There's No Explanation For The Way I'm About To Behave!!!
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Xphyral »

Gemini wrote:GETTING MARRIED WAS MINE!!!!!!!! :smt089
amen bruvva!

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness »

Well, mine is definitely hitting the baboon at 215km/h a few weeks back. My ankle is still a little stiff, and it's a bit sore when I put all my pressure on that leg. I have been walking without a crutch for just over a week......just in time for me to take my new ZXR400 race-bike on Swartkops race track this afternoon. I have from 13h00 - 18h00 to try out my new toy!!!! :smt003

As she is not roadworthy, I haven't really been able to ride her much on the road.

I can't wait!!!!! :smt007
Ride it like you stole it!
diesel
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Zx7r

Post by diesel »

MonkeyBusiness wrote:Well, mine is definitely hitting the baboon at 215km/h a few weeks back. My ankle is still a little stiff, and it's a bit sore when I put all my pressure on that leg. I have been walking without a crutch for just over a week......just in time for me to take my new ZXR400 race-bike on Swartkops race track this afternoon. I have from 13h00 - 18h00 to try out my new toy!!!! :smt003

As she is not roadworthy, I haven't really been able to ride her much on the road.

I can't wait!!!!! :smt007
yea them baboons are everywhere :smt002

i spose mine was t'other week up on the black mountain. wasnt paying attention and hit the loose stuff and bike decides to go where it wanted which was towards the armco and a few hundred feet sheer drop. just as i start to wonder how long the air ambulance takes to get here bike hits a dry patch and shoves me the right way. brown trouser time deffo. felt like walking home lol.
Quicker Than Yngwie

superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

well i think one thing is certain it sh*ts you up big time whatever happens, ill be much more wary next time i think, an by the sounds of it things could have been alot worse lol. (i could be gettin wed)
:smt005
MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness »

Well, the experience did prove to me that the colour of adrenalin is BROWN!! :smt002
Ride it like you stole it!