ordered some new little bits for the bike

Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Renegade
My Bike: tomos moped

ordered some new little bits for the bike

Post by Renegade »

ordered some new little bits for the bike to make it look a bit more sexy lol, well since i sprayed it and dont have panel rash on the side any more i bought some new stickers for it, so should look ok soon,

also iv bought some carbon fiber levers off ebay, dont know if they will look good or cheap and tacky, ill make my mind up when i put them on lol, might look ok since iv got a carbon zorst...

as well as the levers iv bid on a black DB screen, but i gotta wait another 3 days for the auction to end to see if i win that.

the only other thing that i wanna get is a carbon fiber rear hugger, but i just cant bring myself to part with £100 to get one lol, anyway ill get some pics up next week sometime when iv fitted all the stuff....
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

think the carbon levers will look nice, i bought some anodised ones once and they looked well tacky, needless to say i sold them again, always fancied carbon ones so put some pics up when you have them fitted!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Are they actually carbon fibre levers? If they are the ones ive seen they are are carbon 'look' not real carbon.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

think they are carbon look mate. but they still look neat.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Carbon effect stuff is the tackiest thing you could put on a bike i think. But each to thier own :smt001
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

you're only saying that cos yours is all cocha! :smt019
boldaholic

Post by boldaholic »

I found that carbon look is all gravy but wears quickly. so you get that white haze on it.
You are only young once but you can be immature forever!!!!!
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Bit of meths and you can wipe the rest of the effect off if it goes hazy, then you have shiny black levers. Have only seen real carbon levers once and they were like £200!!!!!!! They are the first thing that break in a crash!
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

loads of carbon & trick bits herebut unfortunately doesn't look like they cater for the zxr400
Renegade

Post by Renegade »

yea they are the carbon look ones, ill get some pics when they arrive
Northern ANdy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Unique ZXR400

Post by Northern ANdy »

talking of styling, been looking at a see through clutch cover in the styling section. Think they are very quircky. Not found any on the pscyle works website though, are they still making them?
Andy
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

yes mate, they were supposed to be making me one for the competition but not heard from them i will chase them up and ask the question.
Renegade

Post by Renegade »

i dont think they are in production for the ZXR400, phcyle works were making a one off, dont know if you could buy one
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

they will make anything one off, they were going to do the clutch cover as a first, but they willl do one, i'll try and get prices for them.
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Xphyral »

Dont see the point, you wouldnt see it on the zxr anyway. carbon look gear = junk. carbon effect never looks anything like real carbon and even proper carbon parts are just useless expensive shite. I dont want to piss on your bonfire m8 but i think your wasting your money.

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.