Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

wonderpupp
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: ZX6R P7F

Oops

Post by wonderpupp »

Well, I got up to 13,500 miles on my ZX636. And instead of getting it serviced to include new pair of tyres , new exhaust valvey motor thing, new chain and sprockets and fork seals and 12k service, I swopped it in and am picking up a nice brand new green 2007 ZX6R tomorrow lunchtime.

God bless 0% finance and free insurance.

He he.

Pick it up tomorrow. It is big, and it IS clever. :)

still after another ZXR400 though, so see wanted section. :)
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

thats soundin good indeed, ill get me a new bike next yr i think. im lookin at R6's to be honest thoe but i always like the kwaks so one never knows, make sure you tell us what its like

:smt003
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

nice one, don't forget to post piccies!!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
mongo

Post by mongo »

the new 2007 zx6r when i had one i found was really similiar to the zxr 400! Not alot low down power, really similiar characteristics apart from a fair chunk more power higher up the rev range. Similiar riding position, its like an updated zxr 400, but without that zxr 400 charm...

Enjoy it!
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Xphyral »

mongo wrote:the new 2007 zx6r when i had one i found was really similiar to the zxr 400! Not alot low down power, really similiar characteristics apart from a fair chunk more power higher up the rev range. Similiar riding position, its like an updated zxr 400, but without that zxr 400 charm...

Enjoy it!
Fuel injected bikes will never have any charm :smt003 Their nice enough to play with i suppose but i'd never want to actually 'Keep' one for any length of time.

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
mongo

Post by mongo »

throttle bodies will always win over carbs. Just ashame they dont come with programable and mappable ecu's, fair enough you can piggy back a power commander off them but using a laptop hooked up to control the fueling etc is just wonderful compared to arsing about with jets and needle heights and all that malarky!
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

You can get more power out of carbs tho cant you? I know that used to be the case, dont know about now.
wonderpupp
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by wonderpupp »

It's green and has a tail tidy, of course. It's name is Ozzy.
Good start, huh, naming the bike.

Arduous task of running in though - no more than 5k rpm for first 500 miles. That's 60mph top speed I reckon.

Oh well, bank holiday weekend coming up, sure I can make that happen.

16.5k red line. He he.

It is like a ZXR400 cos it's got a plank for a seat, short reach handlebars and good seat height for my short legs. Well, one at a time anyway.

Literally just picked it up in my lunch break and rode it straigh tto work. Can see it in CCTV camera. Come out to play... it calls me.

Pics soon. And they will be lovely photos too.
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

So is the bike worth it then, its a shame you cant batter it until you have done 500 miles that sucks but you will buy these brand new bikes. i cant wait to get me one but the car takes the funds!
:smt004
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness »

I prefer the sleek look (more sleek than the previous one) of the new ZX6R, but I definately think the ZX636 has more useable power throughout the rev range.

I suppose the additional 37cc's were really great for the low down grunt. :smt007

I would miss not having that :smt009

The green is nice but, the new metallic orange is awesome!! :smt023
Ride it like you stole it!
MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness »

If you think keeping the revs down for 500 miles is difficult, my Triumph 675 had to be ridden at low revs until 1000 miles :smt011

Now that was the most difficult think I have ever been asked to do!!!
Ride it like you stole it!
wonderpupp
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by wonderpupp »

To be honest, my ZX6R has had a non-working exhaust valve motor for the last 3k miles. Made it a little more interesting. The result? Very little smooth midrange power and like a burst of joy at 7k then at 11.5k.

Oh, and lots of front wheel in the air stuff due to the lack of smooth power delivery.

I love the way the ZXR has the power proper kicking in, almost like a 2 stroke. I love 2 strokes really.

It's still sat there, outside the front door, beckoning me...
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

a thousand miles!!!!!!!!
i bet you could be pushed into a burnout lol picture this...
your at the lights enjoying the day an someone pulls up next to you on an inferior machine an starts revin for a race, there is cars behind and to the sides..................nobody passes that opportunity some old fart done it to me off town he was on an R1 i really didnt think he was capeable of thrashing it but i just turned right 100 meters down the road lmao (slight detour)
wonderpupp
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by wonderpupp »

Know what you mean. I'll just have to remember, I have 3 points on my licence, and a thousand wing mirrors to my name.

Winning that race each morning against the bandits will just have to wait a lil' while.

But I'll be laughing inside my helmet because I know I'll get my own back.

Think I should use it all winter again?
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Xphyral »

mongo wrote:throttle bodies will always win over carbs. Just ashame they dont come with programable and mappable ecu's, fair enough you can piggy back a power commander off them but using a laptop hooked up to control the fueling etc is just wonderful compared to arsing about with jets and needle heights and all that malarky!
it's really not all that difficult. anyway i said charm not ease of use or setup.

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.