ZX4G

Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave

ZX4G

Post by Dave »

hi all,
I have a zx4 g 1988 and was wondering what is the diffrence between that and the zxr h1 model from what i can tell its pretty much the same but not totaly sure. as i would like to do some mods and posably change the fairing and plastics. :smt017
thanks dave
Imsimon
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Imsimon »

is yours an H2 then? if so then they are identical everything is the same
I am the bladed one
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

I think he means this one si...

in which case I'm pretty sure it dosn't share much.....the frame and swing arm are slightly different and it doesn't have USD's although I think the engine might be the same though....

I've heard they can hold their own against most of the newer 400's even considering its age
SIR (used to) CRASHALOT
Imsimon

Post by Imsimon »

ahh ok im with you now! i had only just got out of bed when i read the other post! and im sure your right, its totally different but with a similar based engine
I am the bladed one
kb-zxr

Post by kb-zxr »

Yeah you always see the same right side engine casing poking out from behind every Kawasaki 400 fairing :smt003
Ian

ZX400G

Post by Ian »

I have also got a ZX400G and the downpipe has started blowing.
I have been quoted £645 inc VAT for a new exhaust :smt013
Can anybody out there help me find new exhaust or point me in the right direction for not getting totally scuppered?

Thanks for any help.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Welcome Ian, no idea if the ZXR400 exhaust will fit, not 100% if they are the same engine, i got a feeling they might be, in which case the headers will fit at least. If the headers fit but the rest of the pipe doesnt then i guess you could bend it to fit round the engine and whatever else might be in the way.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

aren't the zx400s the same as the gpz400s or the zzr400s? unfortunately you don't see many zx400s around.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Northern ANdy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Unique ZXR400

Post by Northern ANdy »

I also think the engines are the same, when i bought this new one the fella was telling me that they've used the same engine on most of the sport 400's. get some engine pics for confirmation, or look at some zxr400 engine pics.
Andy
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by deviant »

kb-zxr wrote:Yeah you always see the same right side engine casing poking out from behind every Kawasaki 400 fairing :smt003
or even the left one?
In the garage:
Kawasaki ZXR400 L3 - shiny
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
1978 Suzuki GS400 - PROJECT RETRO RACER!
Kawasaki GPz500S - for sale soon
Honda CG125 BR-J - in bits
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

zx4 shares its engine with the early H1's, most of the wiring is the same , carbs 1mm smaller .. exhausts are all interchangeable with a gentle kick, even the zxr frontend is a straight swap if you dont mind the bars clipping the clocks a touch at full lock ..

here's my other halfs ZX4 wearing H1 frontend, H2 swingarm/rear wheel, L4 carbs, L model Exhaust..

more pics @ http://socrates.is-a-geek.net/bikes/Bikes