14%
Dont sell at all :-)
57%

Total votes: 7

Speedy
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Is now a bad time to sell a bike?

Post by Speedy »

Just wondering what you opinions are.. Should I try and sell now, or wait for the start of next season as bikes tend to sell better in the summer? I don't really want to chuck £30 - £40 into an Ad on Autotrader, MCN etc. for nothing.

Dammit.. want more power and a newer bike :smt004

Been debating it all summer (problem is I like the little kwak too much :smt003 )

(It's a '93 L3 model with about 25-26k miles on the clock)
PooScooper

Post by PooScooper »

To be honest with you mate the ZXR400 is a pain in the butt to sell anytime of the year. Don't try and sell on ebay, cus i don't think i've seen one sell for a decent price. I tried selling mine last year in biketrader and i only got 1 person ring up and they did'nt show up, i even had it in at a very competative price. Best bet is P/X might lose a bit of cash but at least your guaranteed to get rid.
Speedy
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by Speedy »

Dammit.. thought you might say something like that... :smt001

Problem is a ZX6R from a dealer is going to cost me more too, so with the loss on the 400 and the extra on the 6R, could start getting expensive :smt009

Was hoping to get £1700 - £1800 for it and pay around £4k for the new ('04) one (unless I went for an '05 then I'd pay slightly more)

Maybe I should just put a Nitrous kit on the 400 :smt077
PooScooper

Post by PooScooper »

Your in exactly the same boat as me mate. Apart from i'm after an 04 Gixxer 600 i've emailed a dealer to see if he's interested, and to be honest if he offers me £1800 for my 1999 L8 i'll bite his hand off.
Imsimon
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Imsimon »

im also another in the same boat, im getting offered around £1700 - £1800 for my 97gsxr600
I am the bladed one
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

now is not a goodtime to sell a sports bike.....but just to annoy you, last August I sold my L2 with 25,000miles on the clock for £2000 a day after I put it on ebay!!!....it was a bit special tho so I suggest if you want to sell it paint it yellow... :smt003
SIR (used to) CRASHALOT
kb-zxr

Post by kb-zxr »

I just finished college. Lots of people there (maily people on peds) are interested in up-grading and see a ZXR as a good choice.

Put some adverts there, handy if you look like a student (look pissed :smt002 ) or know someone there.

Kurt
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

true....the kid who bought mine was just 17......thought all his christmas' had come at once!
SIR (used to) CRASHALOT
Bikerz

Post by Bikerz »

i just cleared out my garage, found my old sport exhaust sytem off my rs50(ok the system was mint) but the bloke offered me 80 notes cash stright up at college, i bit his hand off didnt have the check to ask for 100 :smt003
Assumption is the mother of all f*ck up’s
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsnow ... ifeQQhtZ-1
PooScooper

Post by PooScooper »

fookin dealers, i'd been e-mailing one allday yesterday about selling my bike to them and they seemed quite keen on having it for £1850 but as per the nobs havn't rang me up like they were going to. Seems they were'nt that interested. And seeing as they've got one ZXR400 in their showroom a year newer but with more miles on it for £2600 they could of made a tidy profit on mine.
brad2512

Post by brad2512 »

Ive just sold my zxr on sunday, put it on ebay and a guy emailed me he wanted to buy it before auction finished! so you can sell now if you try. It was on a w reg and i got 2250 back. only had it a few months just couldnt get used the the riding position at all too small for me!
Imsimon

Post by Imsimon »

poo, might be worth you ringing the dealers rather than waiting for a call, i find dealers much more helpful if you deal with them over the phone than by email.
I am the bladed one