Welcome to the ZXRworld forum.

Moderator: Moderators

86zxr01
My Bike: zxr400

Re: MPG?

Post by 86zxr01 »

raul wrote:
Jamz wrote:
raul wrote:my best economy was 150miles /12litres of fuel =56.8 mpg , as a average i do 10miles every liter of fuel used = 45mpg , and my poorest economy was 100miles /12litres=37.8mpg
LOL my fill-up point on mine was 80-90 miles! I doubt if I ever got over 100 from it...

Actually that seems to be the same on just about every bike I've had regardless of the tank size! Must be how I ride 'em... confuddled
i am a courier and try to get the best out of evrey pound invested for maximum return ; if i keep it below 8k rpm i get a comfortable 50+ mpg

But thats where the fun starts at 8k rpm........only joking i would love a job like yours. Even as a kid riding around on a pushbike was fun...excuse the yankiness but I think its a freedom thing
copeyhagen
My Bike: zxr 400

Post by copeyhagen »

excuse the thread revival!! didnt wanna start a new one for the same question.

wondering what people are avergaing four years on!

i used my zxr for work commute to city, only about 12km each way.

fuel taps witch is broke (set to reserve now) so have to be careful with my petrol.

i get about 105 miles to the tank. costs between 13-15 to fill it normally (in euros)

avergaing about 54mpg, have had a few weeks with late 50s.

i like to drive it as its meant to be driven too :)
Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400L4

Post by Tirpitz »

105 miles to a tank is abysmal. I thrash the tits off mine, make good progress in NSL areas :smt002 and still get about 140 miles to a tank.
ZXR400 L4, purple / black / pink
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
A16 carbon fibre exhaust can
Nitron Sport shock
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

I suspect you are only getting 105 miles to a tank because you are being careful not to run out.given that you dont have reserve.

I'd live dangerous and just ride it till it stops then you'll know what you really are getting out of a full tank...................take a 5 litre container of petrol with you but dont try putting petrol in a glass jug in your kitchen with with a gas cooker on.
copeyhagen

Post by copeyhagen »

sorry, thats exactly why its only doing 105 miles, i only do 105 then have a look in the tank to check whats left. should just really get the tap fixed.

good idea about the bottle of petrol, might try that :smt001
AlexanderFodor

Post by AlexanderFodor »

Looked into this post since I found that my carb inlet manifolds were leaking and one of my carbs had a blocked constant velocity tube (so the slider on the carb wasn't going up and down on that one). On commuting trips bit of A road and a few traffic lights, I was getting 42mpg and now it's still going up and it's currently 46mpg - great! Possible though that I may need to raise the needles a bit to let more fuel in though since originally they were higher but then the bike hardly ran once warmed up (doing a restoration job on this one). Will post once I've got the definative mpg!
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

been done before, but 45mpg commuting, 60mpg motorways.

on the motorway i do ~150-170 miles before i fill up, commuting i do 110-120 miles and then fill up.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
AlexanderFodor

Post by AlexanderFodor »

Just sorted out carbs and am getting between 44 and 48. On motorways I reckon it'll be 50+ ! Very changeable the mpg on these babes. Keep revs under 6 and don' t snap the throttle and you'll be amazed! There again where's the fun in that?!
Gemini
cloning technology
cloning technology
My Bike: CBR1000RR4 Fireblade

Post by Gemini »

im not being funny, but if you're interested in MPG why buy a sportsbike?

gem
There's No Explanation For The Way I'm About To Behave!!!
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

Gemini wrote:im not being funny, but if you're interested in MPG why buy a sportsbike?

gem
so i can go to work in style and still save the pennies :D

when my fzr 1000 exup gets rebuilt i would be lucky to get 25mpg i reckon, yet it will only put a slightly bigger smile on my face (other than on track) than my little zxr does.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
copeyhagen

Post by copeyhagen »

update on my own from last april, knocked off the bike in sept, swapped engines myself, cant get new one to turn over.. have another thread, thats a different story.

in the mean time i bought a k1 gsxr750 after xmas and thats doing 200km to 22 euro, which i think works about 44mpg for price im paying for petrol.

not too bad. i moved house as well so only got the zxr out to my new house yesterday..

gonna start sorting her out now.. miss it.
AndrewM23
My Bike: Yamaha YZF-R125

Post by AndrewM23 »

I've got a 47bhp restricted bike and it conks out at 85-90 miles? Using just over 2.5 gallons? 34mpg approx. Should i be concerned?
When it runs out on 'on' it will not restart on reserve even though there's fuel in there. Fill it up and it'll start on 'on'. And providing it's got an average amount of fuel it'll start and run on 'res' absolutely fine? Any quick suggestions?