Carbs set up help - flooding after nobbing it

Moderator: Moderators

Animammel
My Bike: ZX400 G

Carbs set up help - flooding after nobbing it

Post by Animammel »

Hey guys

I have read the manual and other posts, another member crazy chris having a similar problem, happens to also be south african. had carbs set up and its at 15mm vs the manual 11mm +-2mm. its currently sitting 3 1/2 - 4 turns out. i tried setting it up as per the manual but she wouldn't want to run. its the 32 carbs as per the cleaning guide.

So, as she is set up now, she runs well. Only issue is that if i fill up, that short break between off and on, she floods the carb, i disconnect the pump until the revs catch then connect and go on my way. another instance of flooding is if i nob her then after about five minutes il come to a stop then she will die and battle to start, have to disconnect pump then she will just take then il catch revs etc and continue. its annoying, roughly put. if i decrease the the 15mm to about 13mm which im hoping i will be fine, how many turns am i going to need to turn in per mm, tricky and technical yes but there are great minds on here.

thanks guys
_____________________________ viewtopic.php?f=87&t=14464 _______________________________
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: Carbs set up help - flooding after nobbing it

Post by RedexRobB »

If its flooding then its probably the float valve seals Letting by. Can you see at which carb is flooding?
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Re: Carbs set up help - flooding after nobbing it

Post by ross46 »

So you have standard carbs, cvk 32, running with a 15mm float height and 3 1/2 turns out on the pilot screws? What are you running exhaust/filter wise? Float height can be changed for the 3-5k rev range. Your settings are way off standard settings, also from what you've said the bike runs worse when hot. That implies a lean mixture. When you said it wouldn't run right with standard settings, what do you mean?