Engine Choking on Full Throttle

Moderator: Moderators

RebelliousIntentions
My Bike: GPX 400

Engine Choking on Full Throttle

Post by RebelliousIntentions »

Hi Guys,

I've got a dilemma. I've got a gpx 400 that i've recently bought. first of all its a pig to start. i've noticed 1,2 & 4 vacuum holes are plugged on the carbs. these have apparently been rebuilt so i'm not sure if this may affect anything.

Secondly it revs fine when i open the throttle very slowly, but when opening the throttle quickly it almost stalls, occasionally spits too.

Do you have any suggestions as it almost seems likes its choking but i don't know why?

RebelliousIntentions
bafmedlaf2
My Bike: zx 400 l6

Re: Engine Choking on Full Throttle

Post by bafmedlaf2 »

i got same problem. Is yours fixed?
fstarocka

Re: Engine Choking on Full Throttle

Post by fstarocka »

if only 3 of the 4 carbs are plugged, then the 4th one should lead to the petcock (diaphragm pump) - if its open u have a serious leak on that cylinder..

ALL 4 of those plugs on the intake manifolds need to be either blocked or running somewhere - if your petcock doesnt have a small hole other than for the fuel line, block all 4 - if it does have one any of the carbs connect n there.. those pumps only use one carbs vacuum to activate..

hope that sorts u out - as always.. do a nice highspeed run and kill motor.. pull plugs and inspect them all - thats a sure way of telling whats happening in each cylinder!

even if it means pulling the radiator :(