Recommend me a quick action throttle ?

Moderator: Moderators

spudboy6
My Bike: zxr400 L-9

Recommend me a quick action throttle ?

Post by spudboy6 »

Im looking for a quick action throttle as having to take a second grab at my throttle is frustrating .

ive found some information on another 400 forum and some say a single cable one will be okay and others say it will jam open so say you need one with the return cable

if anyone has a link to one they have personally used and any fitting tips would be ideal

thanks

scott
Tricky
My Bike: ZXR400

Re: Recommend me a quick action throttle ?

Post by Tricky »

i know some people have used a motocross throttle as they are quicker action.
ChowderV4
My Bike: Zxr400L racer

Post by ChowderV4 »

im running a venhill qa throttle and only using one cable, had no issues with jamming, as long as your carbs are clean and the return sring is free moving it is fine
spudboy6

Post by spudboy6 »

Thanks for the replys

Which model did you use from venhill and was it a road bike if so what did you do for a switch pack ?
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

I use a GPz900 switch gear on mine - direct plug n play

Think it's a CR250 throttle tube you can use to make a stock one quicker action , NSR250 might be another option too.
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
spudboy6

Post by spudboy6 »

Just ordered the cr250 tube , have to look in to the switch packs now so a cr250 tube fits with the gpz900 pack ?
Was comparing it to the zxr pack and they look very similar
spudboy6

Post by spudboy6 »

Right
I got my cr250 tube and have modified it to fit 100% in the original switch pack !
In turn it gives a 1/4 ish turn throttle and is running the original cables aswell so all standard gear minimal messing

Due to it being a mx based tube you have to drill a 22mm hole to open the end of the tube and cut a small wedge out of the cam where the cable buts up , also how much you remove here may have an affect on your duration

Then I had to sand down the top as it very slightly caught the casing and now it's in fitted 100% OEM !

Once in you have to remove the plastic guide for the return cable which you don't use anymore anyways as the new bigger cam needs this space

The last one is a video if you clic the pic and takes you to the video

Depending on how it works out I may make some up and sell them for £35 to your door and will take me pics tommorro when I put the bike back together