Running lean

Moderator: Moderators

zxrkawa
My Bike: zxr 400

Running lean

Post by zxrkawa »

Hello guys,

I have just finished renovating a 92 zxr400. Tried it today and think its running a bit lean on very low revs and idle. I am planning to turn the pilot screw in a half turn since i understand thats whats sets the idle and midrange mix. Am i on the right track here?
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Re: Running lean

Post by KwakKwak »

The pilot screw, a much loved subject here, turning it in leans, and you can blame Banner if it doesn't :pmsl
I'm about to lean my idle a little, turning in by a quarter, even though general consensus suggests mine is already lean on idle, hangs a little, I'm going against this just to be awkward, and see if a rich idle causes the same issues.
To sum up turn yours out if you want to richen, probably.
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
zxrkawa

Post by zxrkawa »

Hahaha, awsome answer! Ok i will try turning it out and see what happens. If you have hanging revs it is more likely to be an airleak. I had that aswell but dissapered when i changed the inlet rubbers.
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Post by KwakKwak »

zxrkawa wrote:If you have hanging revs it is more likely to be an airleak.
NO airleaks whatsoever.
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
zxrkawa

Post by zxrkawa »

Thanks for the help. Turned it a half turn out and now it is perfekt! So it defenetly richens by turning it out