L9 float valve seals

Moderator: Moderators

dave111

L9 float valve seals

Post by dave111 »

does anyone know where you can get the float valve seals from for L9 carbs? all i've managed to find are full kits About 18 quid each x 4 and all i need are the o ring type seals which on mine look like square seals , although that might be due to wear??
SeattleZXR
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400

Re: L9 float valve seals

Post by SeattleZXR »

I found them cheaper through K&L. They come preformed and work great. The price was around $20 USD for all four.
Miles
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400 L3

Post by Miles »

Cradleys
japmannslim
My Bike: zxr400l9

Post by japmannslim »

Hi I read with interest your post about the float valve seals. I had problems about twelve months ago, I made the fatal mistake of leaving my fuel tap in the on position all the time with the result that it rotted the rubber seals resulting in fuel pissing out of cylinder no1 carb flooding the cylinder
everytime I started the bike which was running on three cylinders only. The seals I have used are the rubber ones you get in the typical O Ring kits which cost about a tenner for a kit of all sizes. Have used these since my problem and have not had any further issues due to the fact I now always turn my tap off after using the bike.

Kind regards.
Top-shaggy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: KR-1R

Post by Top-shaggy »

The seals are available separately for the H model so you don't need to buy the full kit. Less than a pound each
Check out the parts diagrams it's the same seal part
We are we're we are..