throttle sticking

Moderator: Moderators

robin46

throttle sticking

Post by robin46 »

has anyone had the same problem its a 1992 l1 when revved the idle speed sticks at about 2000 rpm until you set off then same again next rev. Also i have a very horrible knocking/ thumping feeling from the rear when goin over bumps, thanks in advance
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

for the sticky throttle check your throttle cable aint frayed, the bumping on the rear??? where is your tax disc?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: throttle sticking

Post by cargo »

robin46 wrote:has anyone had the same problem its a 1992 l1 when revved the idle speed sticks at about 2000 rpm until you set off then same again next rev. Also i have a very horrible knocking/ thumping feeling from the rear when goin over bumps, thanks in advance
rear suspension linkages ???..........bearings shot????
robin46

Post by robin46 »

tax disc is up front, are the swinger bearings difficult to do
jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by jake »

nah mate, not to bad as long as you take yr time.
Makes life easier if you have a abba stand or similar.
get ya self a copy of the linkage and swingarm diagram in the manual on this site ( well usefull, thanks to whomever put that there!), and even draw yaself pictures as you go as regards to linkage position/bolts,etc..

but before you do take it to bits, make sure it does'nt just need tightening up!, check the linkage too, get it on a padock stand and have a play around, see if anything is amiss.

edit: i dont mean tighten it when on the paddock stand tho;), do that on the floor!