coolant expansion tank placement

Moderator: Moderators

Animammel
My Bike: ZX400 G

coolant expansion tank placement

Post by Animammel »

hey guys

I have a ducati tail piece on my bike so i have moved the expansion a bit down, above the exhaust to where the passengers right foot would be. But after nobbing thh bike, with fan, she is boiling and pissing out coolant from the expansion tank. she doesnt overheat. Would making the mix of coolant to water a bit stronger help, here in South africa its quite hot?

So would this be a shite rad cap or does the position of the exp tank matter where it is?

cheers guys
_____________________________ viewtopic.php?f=87&t=14464 _______________________________
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: coolant expansion tank placement

Post by cargo »

So your bike was running fine.......................you fitted a new seat unit and moved the expansion tank...................and now the tank boils over.

I would try moving the tank back to where it was as a first thing to do before asking on a forum
Animammel
My Bike: ZX400 G

Post by Animammel »

never had her running, only now. She could fire and i thought she was fine for a rebuild then all hell broke lose.

Update: replaced rad cap and it seems to be doing the trick but out of curiosity could this be a factor?
_____________________________ viewtopic.php?f=87&t=14464 _______________________________
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

maybe