BEET Alternator covers and coolant hoses.

Moderator: Moderators

Bleary Mctavern
My Bike: ZXR 400 H1

BEET Alternator covers and coolant hoses.

Post by Bleary Mctavern »

Hi guys! A bit of a shot in the dark here. I'm currently doing a full rebuild on a H1 400 (ZXR) and I seem to be having a slight issue with the L/H coolant hose, running from the radiator to water pump.

That issue being, even the genuine OEM Kwaka hose does not reach. But only by about half an inch.. Unfortunately for me, this particular machine has an aftermarket alternator housing stamped "BEET". It doesn't appear to be any wider or deeper than the original alt. Housing, I'm just wondering if any other H1 owners out there have had this issue with the OEM part (hose) or if not - also if so, what's the best way forward about it? I will obviously do whatever's best to get this beauty back on the road. But if I can keep this alternator cover (because it looks great!) and avoid buying another cover I'll give it a go.

Can supply pics and measurements upon request. Perhaps there's an alternative hose out there that can fit. Not sure. Either way, any advice/criticism is welcome :)

Thanks all!
Bleary
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Re: BEET Alternator covers and coolant hoses.

Post by zimm »

H1 radiator is half the size (height) of H2 and L, could be that your hose is for a later bike.