Cooling System Problems

Moderator: Moderators

superfly108

Cooling System Problems

Post by superfly108 »

When i bought my bike the guy said i may need a new rad quite soon, and the other day i noticed the expansion bottle was filled with like a Redy 2T oil looking Goo, so i drainned the coolant system, and refilled it all, and suddenly the rad started leaking, i tried to patch it with epox with no luck at all, im gonna need a new rad, will a zxr700 one fit? they look the same. other question, the oil in the sump isnt white, but this oil in the expansion has scared me, along with i swear i saw coolant drip from the exahust, but cud just have like feel onto there from the leak when i rid it to my gfs, i dont want the headgasket to have gone, as i keep getting major expensive problems and if it is that then im selling it its costing me too much,
Bikerz
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Bikerz »

Dont worry about whatever comes out of teh exhaust mate, unless its smoke :smt003

Sounds like you have oil in your cooling system hence it was holding the leak in the radator tight untill you changed the fluid, so sounds like head gasket gone. And you mean ZXR750 mate not 700cc dont you? thats more likley to fit than a ZX7R rad i would have thourght :smt017
Assumption is the mother of all f*ck up’s
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsnow ... ifeQQhtZ-1
superfly108

Post by superfly108 »

yea sorry i rushed in to post it not really thinking about it, would it fit? as i can get one pritty cheap, all the zxr400 ones are priced around £80-90 and i dont wanna spend that money, baah i hope the head gasket aint gone, i mean, im not getting any vapor out the exhaust except when it warms up, when its hot or cooling down, no smoke comes out, the oil is still nice n oilly as it should be, ive got no loss in performance, theres no more oil in the coolant anymore, someone told me the oilly stuff could have been there to patch the hole? as i think it was there when i got the bike i no its been there a while

to add to that, theres no like extreme temps, my bikes temp hasnt rissen above half way much in all the time ive had it, i no the fan doesnt seem to come on tho

to add

just run it and did some checks, def no bubbles, not in expansion or rad, rad leaks more when on (obivously) no vapor out exahust at all, oil leaking out the rocker casing (where i didnt do it up tight enough when i had it off if this could cause anything), within about 2 minutes, its warm and within about 3-4 mins the engines to warm to touch, around the exahust area, rads kinda warm at this point, water is circulating, doesnt smell like exahust inside the rad or expansion

PLEASE someone tell me my head gasket hasnt gone, i just wanna hear someone say "Louis, i dont think its your head gasket" :smt009
Bikerz
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Bikerz »

the oilly stuff being there to block the whole in the rad seems a gd guess. yeah your head gasket maybe fine mate but im not saying either, sounds like its just your rad now
Assumption is the mother of all f*ck up’s
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsnow ... ifeQQhtZ-1