What does this connect to? (pipe on carbs, coolant...)

Moderator: Moderators

Yoshi
My Bike: tomos moped

What does this connect to? (pipe on carbs, coolant...)

Post by Yoshi »

Hi,
I need to know where this pipe goes to. It comes from the bottom right of the carbs and has a filter thing on it (as you can see, might not be a filter). The pipe joins the carbs on their left, cools them and leaves here but I don't know where its meant to join to, to recirculate the coolant?

This the last thing to do before my bike fixed :smt003 please let me know quick!!

Thanks,
Matt
Yoshi

Post by Yoshi »

OK I know what it is now.

Problem is that it is meant to connect to the head, but I have replaced the head (L Model) with an older one (H model) and the older head doesn't have the place to connect it to.

Is it ok to run the engine without the carbs being cooled (by blocking off the pipes that supply water to them)? Presumably it is as the H model didn't have them cooled?

Thanks,
Matt
Gemini
cloning technology
cloning technology
My Bike: CBR1000RR4 Fireblade

Post by Gemini »

my carbs never had heater pipes, and ive never had a bike that did and they all ran fine

gem
There's No Explanation For The Way I'm About To Behave!!!
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Yeah they only there to heat the carbs up to prevent carb icing. If anything it might run better as the fuel wont be so warm.
Yoshi

Post by Yoshi »

RobB wrote:If anything it might run better as the fuel wont be so warm.
Cool :smt003

Anyway I have taken it for a spin with carbs blocked off like this and it was fine (for 20 miles till it broke again... see other thread, but it wasn't connected with blocking off carbs. I've had so much bad luck with getting this bloody thing running!)