Useing a lot of water

Moderator: Moderators

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: Useing a lot of water

Post by RedexRobB »

Im going upto Ipswich in a couple of weeks, if you were closer i would come and have a look for you. Its completely bizzare that one of the HT leads are disconnected and still running on all 4 cylinders. If your going to be looking at the bike get it apart and gets some photos on here mate. By rights that shouldnt be running properly at all.
Caz
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: GSX-R600 K4

Post by Caz »

question for you - which manual are you looking in? AFAIK, the manual is for the H model, and there is a supplement for the L - so look in both!

If you want some help, take the tank off and take a couple of photos. From what you are saying - its pointing to one of the HT leads, but you say it runs fine.

PICTURES!
GSX-R600 K4
ZXR400 H2
Commuter: Gilera Runner 180SP

Contributing writer to:http://jocke.selincite.com
tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: zxr 400 h1

Post by tng21 »

yeah will be taking it to bits tommorow, actually might go and do it now coz its gettin on my nerves not knowing.
tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tng21 »

well here ya go, now i dont know but maybe it snapped when i took the tank off the other day, well the airbox since thats whats above it. But i never felt any struggle to get the top of the air box off so i dont think it was.

anyway, i knew the cable was broke when i went out on it today but everything ran fine and dandy till i came home, thats when it died

its lead 1

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Well, theres one thing to fix at least! Just cut a new end if its long enough and screw the cap back onto the lead :) no big deal.

It could well be the spark is jumping across that gap although its unlikely to cross that AND also the plug gap, it will probably just ground on the rocker cover since it is closest, but you never know! Bizzare to say the least that it runs fine on what appears to be three cylinders otherwise :smt017

Just fix that and see how it goes.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

as robB says it looks like its just pulled out of the cap, just screw it back on, you'll get another 25% more power from it now :smt003
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
tng21
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tng21 »

all done now thanks guys, screwed it back on and got a new battery and she's running lovely now. thank god