Head Gasket?

Moderator: Moderators

JamieNeve
My Bike: CBR600RR, ZXR400 L-2

Re: Head Gasket?

Post by JamieNeve »

understandable, however being confident that it is not one thing does not suddenly give me the knowledge to diagnose the whole problem. Hence why I cam here for help.

Did not think anything of it but I'll try to think and mention everything next time, however I think if you focus more on helping and not criticising and being rude to people trying to learn and become as knowledgeable as you with bikes in the future that would also be good. As a moderator would have thought you should be making people feel welcome and happy with their help on the forum.

Cheers anyway, will be attempting the head gasket on Tuesday, hopefully all will go well, will let you know.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

JamieNeve wrote:understandable, however being confident that it is not one thing does not suddenly give me the knowledge to diagnose the whole problem. Hence why I cam here for help.

Did not think anything of it but I'll try to think and mention everything next time, however I think if you focus more on helping and not criticising and being rude to people trying to learn and become as knowledgeable as you with bikes in the future that would also be good. As a moderator would have thought you should be making people feel welcome and happy with their help on the forum.

Cheers anyway, will be attempting the head gasket on Tuesday, hopefully all will go well, will let you know.

what you see as me being rude or criticising is nothing more than me trying to get people to help themselves.....................too many just appear on here and ask questions the answers to which are freely available.

While you have the head off................ check for tracking on the head, check head for any warping, check the rockers, check camshafts, check valves seats and lap valves in, replace camchain, check tensioner, don't forget to clean the faces properly and remove all trace of old head gasket, reset the valve clearances, consider replacing valve stem seals, check for bent valves,...............should keep you busy for a while :smt002
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

cargo you always come through in the end!