Can't Find a Cylinder Head. Any suggestions?

Moderator: Moderators

xploiter
My Bike: Kawasaki zx4r

Can't Find a Cylinder Head. Any suggestions?

Post by xploiter »

Hi guys,

I'm Dan and this is one of my first posts here. I didn't manage to find anything relevant with the search bar, so I decided to create a new topic.

So, here's the short story. I bought a zx4r L6 in June 2013 and for the past couple of months I'm trying to get it back on its wheels. It was in a pretty bad shape; I had to change most of the engine + many other parts. All I need now is to change the cylinder head and I can't find anything. The main issue is that I'm from Romania, and here aren't so many zx4r's for sale. And on eBay most of the people don't deliver to Romania.

So here's my main question. Is there any chance that the cylinder head from a zzr 400 would work on a zxr 400? If not, do you have any advice for me?

Thanks,
Dan.
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: Can't Find a Cylinder Head. Any suggestions?

Post by banner001 »

if you find a zx4 cylinder head what you could do is send it to one of the trusted people on here, they will then post it over to you once you send them the money for postage.

i would be happy to do it, ive sent things to the US and spain before.

1. find and pay for the item and send it to someone here.
2. once they recieve it they will weigh and measure it and calculate your postage cost - rough postage for a 50x30x20 (im guessing at the size) 10kg parcel is £33, 15kg would be £35.50, 20kg would be £37.50, and 25kg would be £39, all with tracking numbers.
3. you pay them the postage (paypal) and they will pay for it (also with paypal) to be delivered.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Re: Can't Find a Cylinder Head. Any suggestions?

Post by Mori Man »

Just remember to get it with the camshaft guides on cradles - these are machined to the head so a bare head is of no good to you.

Still available brand new from Kawasaki at 105,000 Yen about 741.036 EUR + fees & shipping. I can certainly send to Romania from Japan no worries by 3 day express airmail.

In the UK:
Kawasaki Part Number Displayed: 110081254
Kawasaki Part Description: HEAD-COMP-CYLINDER
Kawasaki Part UK(£) Price: £1,173.73
Kawasaki Part Euro(€) Price: €1,385.00
Kawasaki Part US($) Price: $1,854.49
Kawasaki Part Availability: Stock Available

ZX-4 , ZXR400 all models and Xanthius 400 will all fit - you still need the complete head though.
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly