cam timing

Moderator: Moderators

toykaboy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

cam timing

Post by toykaboy »

mornin all, quick question, i cannot find anyinformation about timing up the engine (l3) jus wondering if it is the same as the h model as i have that in a manual.

rob
you bend it you buy it!
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

the L model manual is just a supplement and is supposed to be used in conjunction with the H model manual, it states in the specifications in the L manual the timing spec but i think you need to go by the H manual.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
toykaboy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by toykaboy »

cheers, got it all done and runnin again now, and i didnt have to split the cases in the end!!!!! good old dremel hahahahahahaha
you bend it you buy it!
mongo

Post by mongo »

i only ever done the timing when the engines have been out the bike, the first time i have done it with the bike in situ and by god its a nightmare, trying to align the timing mark considering you really need a mirror to line it up due to the frame being in the way!

Or has anyone got a handier tip to align it perfectly so you can see the timing mark properly while engine is still in the frame, without loostening the front engine mounts and pushing the engine forwards a bit :P