BIG BORE KITS and alternatives

Moderator: Moderators

AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Re: BIG BORE KITS and alternatives

Post by AFM327 »

The Beet pistons are very nice, I believe they were almost the same weight as the stockers, jsut a guess but I believe they are about 400 pounds for the set. I haven't found any other model pistons that would work on the kawi 400. As Dynopro said the barrels are very thin for 3mm motor, thus the reason I was thinking about a 2mm over custom piston. There's some honda guys that have done a bunch of development here in Calif on the VFR/RVF's, talked to them this weekend and they just got new pistons from Cosworth, they had problems with the last batch of CP pistons, with the economy being down Cosworth could accommodate a small run. Here's a link to what they have been doing.
http://mngforce.typepad.com/nc450vdev/m ... -team.html

Still interested in the ignitech ignitions and stick coils too.....
ANDY8BALL
My Bike: zxr460

Post by ANDY8BALL »

hi guys i have just destroyed my 444cc motor and have just bought a 460cc barrels and pistons any advice on setting this up?
bought it of ebay and i am still waiting on it being delivered and the guy does not know what make it is.
what pistons will fit this any standard ones for other bike etc?
my bike was already built when i bought it and the guy i bought it off sadly passed away racing at aintree (steve porter) so i dont know the full spec of the bike and i am more of a twostroke man
all i know is its made 88bhp on the dyno and i am expecting well over 90bhp with this kit all going well but would like to hear any comments or advice from you guys as it would be more help than you could imagine
cheers
AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by AFM327 »

Look for the post on the Omega pistons, I got an email back from them today that they will have a few sizes, I'm looking for 2mm over. They said to check back in a couple months. I have a set of .05 over and they are very nice, shorter skirt, race kit top design, light weight.