Moderator: Moderators

Bestie
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

clock bulbs?

Post by Bestie »

how do all,

as my tensioner is now fixed, and my speedo cable (grrrr, forgot to remove it when taking off the front wheel!) i now notice on my trundle back from college that my temp gauge bulb is out!!!

i may as well replace all three, any iseas where to get em from folks? im sure those kind kwak dealers will see me comming and give me an energy saving fluro instead!

B
Bikerz

Post by Bikerz »

same issue, my back light on my speedo gone(the speed one)honestly officer :smt002

any advice on taking it aprt, what do i have to do?
Assumption is the mother of all f*ck up’s
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsnow ... ifeQQhtZ-1
zxr400er

Post by zxr400er »

I got mine from wilko! (as in that cheap shop that sells loads of crap) 99p for 2 I think.

You need to take the front fairing off then you will be able to see where they go into the back of the clock. Just pull it and it comes out.
Bikerz

Post by Bikerz »

oh simple as that :smt017 , il do it 2night then :smt003
Assumption is the mother of all f*ck up’s
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsnow ... ifeQQhtZ-1
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Post by Jamz »

They're all exactly the same bulbs that any garage (car or bike) will have in stock!

Cheap as buggery.

You just pull them out of the back of the dash, new bulb in, then push it back in.

I don't think they're all the same bulb though, so check them first before you go and bulk buy 400 and find they only fit one of the dials!
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

Bestie
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Bestie »

Jamz wrote: I don't think they're all the same bulb though, so check them first before you go and bulk buy 400 and find they only fit one of the dials!
your quite right! as i discovered today, the temp gauge requires just 1 x 12v 1.7w capless bulb, the speedo requires the same except you need 2, and the tacho requires 12v 3w, although this contradicts my user manual, which states for uk bikes you should use 1.7w....the connectors for the tacho are smaller, and as such i need a smaller spade on the pulb for it to fit! i tried in vain to squeeze em in but o no avail!

been to wilko and checked the auto selection, amongst the rather extensive collection of air freshners, and bike bits i found smilar bulbs for around 49p!

however, they are 12v, but only 1.2w, which i know will be dimmer. anyways i ended up going to ernshaws in huddersfield for them, and they did have em, but not cheap, around £1.20 each!!!

bestie
zxr400er

Post by zxr400er »

If you notice they are dimmer you are riding to slow.