Revving Problem and cam chain

Moderator: Moderators

Harvey Wishbone
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Harvey Wishbone »

Bikerz wrote:iv just had a brain wave(yes it doesnt happen often)

does the restriction only happen in 5th and 6th? leanne cant even get it to rev past 10k in 1st or 2nd or 3rd or 4th so surley it must be somthing else ? dirty carbs?
You know what I'm thinking.....If you just disconnect the speedo doofer wire, the bike won't rev out in any gear, so If the Derestrictor box isn't working, it'll be like the wire is disconnected and cut the revs in all gears!
ZX6R G2 roadbike, Suzuki GSXR 600 trackbike

Post by Guest »

thanks guys for all the suggestions, so im thinking i should trace the wiring for the derestrictor box to check if it is plugged in, has anyone got any pics of what i should see of where everything goes, ive had a quick look but nothing obviously stood out, i dont know whether i can access if from the botton of the speedo where the speedo cable plugs in or do i have to remove the screen and everything to check this?

sorry if i sound a bit dim, but i dont know much about how the derestrictor box works all i know is its there! :smt003

im hoping this is the problem, as its probably the easiest thing to change? i guess my next question would be where i would get another derestrictor box if this is the problem and roughly how much?

thanks again everyone much appreciated!

Leanne
Bikerz
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Bikerz »

leanne, do what i did and just fit mph converter or mph clocks and forget about that bloody deristricter, it casuses too many problems. to get to clocks just take front fairing off dont wori about screen, leav that on fairing
Assumption is the mother of all f*ck up’s
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsnow ... ifeQQhtZ-1