reinstalling conrods and pistons

Moderator: Moderators

toykaboy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

reinstalling conrods and pistons

Post by toykaboy »

mornin all, haveing a spot of bother with my lil h2, as you all know i brought a duffer the little ends have gone, but now im haveing this problem.

what is the best way to go about reinstalling the conrods and pistons back onto the crankshaft???

cheers rob
you bend it you buy it!
Harvey Wishbone

Post by Harvey Wishbone »

Exsqueeze me? How did you take them off? It should be the opposite to that, or am I missing something?
ZX6R G2 roadbike, Suzuki GSXR 600 trackbike
toykaboy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by toykaboy »

yea i know that i was jus wondering if there was a secret of doin this cuz i jus couldnt get the barrells back on on my own!!!! lol think im blonde or summin/

cheers rob
you bend it you buy it!
Harvey Wishbone

Post by Harvey Wishbone »

If you have the con-rods attached to the crank already, it can be a bit of a git to get all the pistons into the bores because of the rings. Try turning the crank, so 2 and 3 pistons are at TDC then slide fiddle struggle and swear trying to get those in first, then get an assistant to slowly turn the crank while you hold the cylinder, stopping the two piston you have in the cylinder from popping out, do the same to the outer pair and after much swearing sweating and many cups of coffee, it should be done! :smt003 Oh, and don't forget to thread the camchain through it's slot! :smt002
ZX6R G2 roadbike, Suzuki GSXR 600 trackbike
toykaboy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by toykaboy »

cheers! :smt002
you bend it you buy it!