Removing/Changing broken clutch basket?

Moderator: Moderators

zxr400l3

Removing/Changing broken clutch basket?

Post by zxr400l3 »

How to remove the clutch basket and change it? do i need to open my engine, i opened the clutch cover, and removed the nut and the bearings from the middle of the basket, and tried to take it out but i cant find how to remove it without opening the engine ... pls help, its not possible to be so stupid to need to open an engine to change clutch basket ...
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Removing/Changing broken clutch basket?

Post by cargo »

just take the clutch cover off and the clutch is there..........................you can do it with engine in frame and if you have the bike on the side stand you can do it without dropping the oil out. Clearly you will lose a little oil and might need to top up afterwards.
zxr400l3

Post by zxr400l3 »

i am not sure you read my post or you dont get it right, i removed the clutch, but my basket is broken and i need to change it, the broken thing is attached to the toothed wheel ... so i am asking how to remove it without opening the engine ... thanx
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

once the big nut is off the basket will come off the splined shaft it needs to jiggled a bit and there is a slieve on the bearing that comes out to give a bit of jiggle room
zxr400l3

Post by zxr400l3 »

i tried many times ... but it wont came out, the shaft seems to be too long to let the basket out
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

you need to get the slieve out..............it has little holes in it that helpuse a small screw driver and stick it in the hole to ease the slieve out and the basket will come off.................I promise the basket does come out without a full strip of the engine
zxr400l3

Post by zxr400l3 »

i removed the sleeve from the center of the basket with the bearing using a magnet, but i will keep trying if you are aware it should come off without stripping the engine down :)
zxr400l3

Post by zxr400l3 »

cargo wrote:you need to get the slieve out..............it has little holes in it that helpuse a small screw driver and stick it in the hole to ease the slieve out and the basket will come off.................I promise the basket does come out without a full strip of the engine
thanks, the con rod was the thing i was hitting with the basket, not its changed without removing the engine, thanks ;)
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

Good show ..................well done