H / L Model Clutch Differences

Moderator: Moderators

Neosophist
My Bike: VFR400R NC24

H / L Model Clutch Differences

Post by Neosophist »

Whats the differences?

I've read that the H model didn't have the KBATL clutch?

I've looked over the H / L model manuals on the website and the clutch diagrams look the same?

Does anyone have pictures?

Its confused me as my clutch looks like the one in the H model manual on the site and theres no pictures in the L model :-)

The only difference I can find from looking at the microfiche is that the H1 has a differenct clutch hub part number.. the baskets etc are the same between all models.. oh and the clutch springs are diff on that model too
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Re: H / L Model Clutch Differences

Post by Mori Man »

From 1990 they had KBATL clutches so a H2 & J2 are same as L model.

Yip it's the hub that counts as it has the BTL assembly in it.

MM!
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
mark400
My Bike: Building an original SP

Re: H / L Model Clutch Differences

Post by mark400 »

That's correct - This confused me as the manual in english only shows the KBATL two piece hub and two piece pressure plate, irrespective of whether you look in the L or H manual.

The very early import ZXr's will have a one piece pressure plate and 4 bolts (each with a large and small washer) which hold in the pressure plate. The springs are shorter than a KBATL clutch too. The steel plates are much thinner and are peppered with small indentations - TBH the whole thing looks more fragile than a KBATL clutch - This old version can only be seen in the microfiche (http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/images/hmicro ... Clutch.gif) and NOT in the UK manuals .....
NG Road Racing Champion 2012 400SS