Clutch Cable Holder Bolt dropped down

Moderator: Moderators

Rikin
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400 L1

Re: Clutch Cable Holder Bolt dropped down

Post by Rikin »

Thanks alot for the info...

Did you mean top right corner of the pic??

That part is the only thing that could lock into the actuating rod. I see what you mean now about locating into groove and twisting.

BUT - when I pull this pin, I would expect it to be elastic ie pull back when I let go. Am I right? Otherwise how else would the clutch cable hold tension?

When I pull mine however, there is no tension or elasticituy. It just loosely pulls out, then I have to push it back in again!!!

Surely this cant be right?
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

I cant help but feel that there is nothing wrong with this clutch particularly when I read that our friend has been trying to operate the clutch buy pulling on various bits of the mechanism by hand.
I think if the operating armhad been put to its correct position and the cable hooked up the clutch would have worked just fine
Rikin
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400 L1

Post by Rikin »

Thanks alot guys...

Taking the cover off and looking at exactly what angle I needed, and what was going on behind there, has helped immensely!

PS gasket was in good nick, easily coam off in one piece and is very strong so I guess I will reuse it.

Do I have to smear the gasket with oil when putting cover back on?

And threadlock the bolts too?
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

Two of the clutch cover bolts go into the oil cavity. I think they have a small sealing washer check the manual...............no need for thread lock just retighten to the correct torque.

And no reason to oil the gasket....................if you were putting a new one on I'd smear grease on one side............helps remove it with out damage next time