play in the clutch lever ?

Moderator: Moderators

spudboy6
My Bike: zxr400 L-9

Re: play in the clutch lever ?

Post by spudboy6 »

ross46 wrote:So your running fully synthetic, that's exactly my planned setup, one of the theories on here is that the oem clutch plates are old and dont do well with the new technology oil, hence why everyone recommends to use semi synth, but if we accept that theory then the new ebc plates will be ok with fully synthetic
millage of clutch and oil change fitting was 29000 miles in august . millage today january 31152 miles 5months later clutch is slipping !
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

if it is that the zxr doesn't like fully synthetic, it may be worth taking out all the plates and cleaning them in a solvent, e.g. acetone or trike to remove the fully synth from the plates, then deglaze them, check specs and put back in with semi synth, it solved mine for 6 months but I hadn't changed the oil to semi :wanker . that should remove the old oil and put the friction surface back on, worth a shot before you fork out another £100
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

ross46 wrote:if it is that the zxr doesn't like fully synthetic, it may be worth taking out all the plates and cleaning them in a solvent, e.g. acetone or trike to remove the fully synth from the plates, then deglaze them, check specs and put back in with semi synth, it solved mine for 6 months but I hadn't changed the oil to semi :wanker . that should remove the old oil and put the friction surface back on, worth a shot before you fork out another £100

I'd be checking the spec before doing all that cleaning and deglazing nonsense.
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

good shout, I assumed they would be as they're 6 months old, never assume!!