clutch slipping concerned about bearing

Moderator: Moderators

ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

clutch slipping concerned about bearing

Post by ross46 »

right, my clutch has started slipping again as i was short of money and decided to risk a second hand clutch. took risk, didnt work, take the hit. my question is that when i have disassembled the clutch and removed the pressure plate the bearing fell out

http://www.kawasakioriginalparts.com/ka ... 1995&ca=GB

part 92045, is this supposed to be an inteference fit? as i am now saving up my pennys and going to get the whole thing sorted. If it is then i will get all the bits necessary which leads on to my next questions.
I am looking at getting an ebc srk kit, as i have heard good things about them, but welcome to listen to bad experiences? While im in there i want to make sure that the gasket going on will be the last one i ever need for it so im going to take out the clutch basket and make sure the tangs aren't grooved, but also the clutch hub and pressure plates look like the contact surfaces for the friction plates are very smooth, is there a safe way to roughen them up again, i'll also do a post when im done on all the common problems that can be caused through clutches on the zxr as ive got assortment of bike bits
spudboy6
My Bike: zxr400 L-9

Re: clutch slipping concerned about bearing

Post by spudboy6 »

Mine just falls out aswell I just pop it back in and all is well
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

it falls out on my fzr too...
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

So this is normal? But now im confused what the point of it is? Means that you could end up with the outer race of the bearing spinning instead of how a bearing normally works? And any info on deglazing pressure plate and clutch hub please?