Clutch ran out of Adjustment help?

Moderator: Moderators

DobbieZXR
My Bike: ZXR400 L6

Clutch ran out of Adjustment help?

Post by DobbieZXR »

Hi lads, Recently changed my clutch plates as my clutch ran out of adjustment, made absolutely no difference and I have nearly run out of lever and the adjuster is in by like a thread, Bottom adjuster has also ran out, could it be the cable or the basket? As far as I know both would be original and it is a 37K mile bike, cheers for the help!
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Clutch ran out of Adjustment help?

Post by cargo »

There is NO way to adjust your clutch other than to change the clutch springs for heavier or lighter springs.

You CAN adjust the clutch cable.

At 37K miles I reckon your clutch cable might just be stretched beyond the point where the adjuster can take up the slack.

There is a fair chance your clutch springs are beyond the service limit too at that mileage.

Also there is a chance that you have a worn clutch operating arm................ref number number 13102 in the microfiche

And biggest potential problem of all.....................there us a chance that while you had it apart you put it together incorrectly
DobbieZXR
My Bike: ZXR400 L6

Post by DobbieZXR »

Thanks for the reply, so I should replace springs and the cable and failing that the arm? As long as it's not basket related as they cost a fair few £££'s!
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

Change the bits that are worn

And make sure you put it back together properly
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

As soon as the bike is used parts will be worn, so we'll go with excessively worn :pmsl start with the cable and springs as thats only £30, should sort it