Clutch

Moderator: Moderators

superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Clutch

Post by superman »

hi all going to work this mornin when the clutch cable came off at the bottom (under the fairing) anyway the bobble on the end of the cable keeps slipping off the plastic clip attached to that bolt thing which BTW comes out the cluch case (im sure it shouldnt do that) anyway if anyone knows what im on about could you please shine some light on the problem an how to fix please... cheers
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: Clutch

Post by masterofinsanity »

does the cable not slide through a holder with a nut on each end so it don't come off? and for the nipple to come off the arm then you either have the arm fitted back to front even tho' i'm not entirely sure this is possible or the cable has stretched too much, have you tried adjusting the cable under the fairing??
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

Na it cant be on the wrong way iv been using it for ages to be fair with no probs. maybe something has come off or somet, how do i adjust it under the faring do i need to use a spanner to turn that nut where the nipple stops on. i think maybe the cable has streched but this dont explain that bolt that comes out the clutch case should this come out?

EDIT:

Just had a look at the micro an that thing does come out i think so it mush be the cable i think i streched it or something.
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

it does come out but you need to make sure you relocate it properly when you push it back in otherwise your clutch wont work.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

i dont think you can put it back in the wrong way can ya. well its in ok cos the clutch works fine its just the nipple, phoned cradley £12.93 + VAT (new clutch cable) not bad ill just replace it the weekend i think :smt003 is there anything special i should know about replacing it or are there any hints or tips. cheers :smt004
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

its just a matter of adjustment, think you're best doin it on a paddock stand in case the bike runs off when you put the new cable on :-)
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

lol just my luck that. cheers for the help master :smt003
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

Cool changed the cable on sunday, its better than ever the bike feels fantastic now clutch is nice an soft didnt realise how tight it was before. bottom line took 10mins to fit an all simple, now i gota w8 tills sat to ride cos the tire is flat. £110 for a new one.