slipping at 10k rpm

Moderator: Moderators

~JB~

Re: slipping at 10k rpm

Post by ~JB~ »

not particularly, I've only been riding since nov so dont really have the "feel" of what it should fell like i guess, saying that it does feel a lot better now :smt003
zxr_oli
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Daytona 675

Post by zxr_oli »

And i though i needed a new sprocket :smt005
zxr_lover
My Bike: ZXR400 H model

Post by zxr_lover »

Right so what your saying is i need to get my front sprocket checked before i end up over the handle bars *touches wood* shocking

First thing i do when i get to work tommorrow is check it out, is it hard to get into the front sprocket area?
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Is your clutch slipping also zx_lover? I think JB's case is pretty exceptional to say the least, hopefully yours is a front sprocket cover. You need to remove the cover by undoing 3 or 4 bolts plus the gear lever to take the cover off.
zxr_lover

Post by zxr_lover »

RobB wrote:Is your clutch slipping also zx_lover? I think JB's case is pretty exceptional to say the least, hopefully yours is a front sprocket cover. You need to remove the cover by undoing 3 or 4 bolts plus the gear lever to take the cover off.

Yeah mine is the exact same problem as the one mentioned at the start of the topic. as soon as i hit 10k rpm, the revs shoot up faster than the bike is accelerating. Never got a chance to look at her the day so will look at her in the morning. Like i said its never been a problem before but it would be nice to get it sorted and hopefully not be doing any damage to the chain etc. I know the back end sprocket was new when i bought the bike about 4 months ago.

Will have a look in the morning and report back with the findings...... tbc :smt003
zxr_lover

Post by zxr_lover »

well took the sprocket cover of this morning and found a spangly shiny nearly new sprocket so that rules that out, think i'll invest in some new clutch plates on pay day see if that will sort her out. :smt003