L wheel on h bike more info needed plz

Moderator: Moderators

newnut

L wheel on h bike more info needed plz

Post by newnut »

Hi there, i have an l model wheel for my H model forks, can any1 tell me exactly how much i need to take off the spacer to make it fit?

Also will L model calipers be a direct fit on h forks to allow for L model discs? please help asap guys as i need to get this bike built up for the summer!!!
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Re: L wheel on h bike more info needed plz

Post by zimm »

calipers are interchangeable, H meant to be slightly better due to biger pad.. debateable, either will work with either disc, its the forks that are disc size specific (if using standard calipers) as the mounts are positioned differently on the lowers.

I cut down a spacer once to fit an L wheel in H forks.. cant remember how much.. dont think i even measured it.. just ground it back a few mill at a time till it all fitted nicely.. sorry that's not much help really is it .. 3-4mm ish. winks
jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by jake »

If its in good nick and your around the northwest, i will swap you a H front wheel (black, good condition.
got discs aplenty too if needed
newnut

Post by newnut »

that is a help, thanks a lot. you say the mounting points are different on the lowers which effects disc size, so if i go with L wheel, L calipers, just to clarify i'll need what model disc?

oh and i would swap, but im just south of reading, so too far, sorry.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

if using standard calipers (either H or L) the discs must match the forks, (ie H on H, L on L)

put L discs in H forks and the caliper body will foul the discs whether they are L or H calipers

put H discs in L forks and the pads will partly miss the disc
newnut

Post by newnut »

ok i get it, thank you so much!