maxxis supersport tyres

Moderator: Moderators

extonyg
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr 400 L1 uk

maxxis supersport tyres

Post by extonyg »

tyres were worn out on my bike so have been looking around the forum looking at what tyres to get, went and spoke to my friendly bike mechanic and eventually he convinced me to get a set of maxxis supersport tyres.......it took some persuading but i gave in in the end.
i no tyres arent the place you want to be saving money especially on a bike but i thought i would give them a go as they were £50 cheaper than bridgestones.
i am actually quite pleased with them, they seem to heat up really quick and give good feedback.
maxxis are more known for there offroad tyres i think but aparently they are focusing quite a bit on road bike tyres now.
i dont use the bike to commute only go out for a play at weekends when the weather is nice so they seem good for me, looking at the tread (what there is off it) i dont think they would be particulary good in the wet.
just wondered if anyone else has had a set of these before? if not i think at the right price they are well worth the money
1704201013711.jpg
by the way those 'chicken strips' are no longer there....... :smt002
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SOILZX
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr 400

Re: maxxis supersport tyres

Post by SOILZX »

I had a set on my B1H. The guys at my local Honda center knocked me a set out cheep (about £120-£130) as they had only just got them in and wanted to know what they were like. I didn't like them to be honest, the rear would slide when exiting roundabouts and talk about spin up in the wet!!!! The front was ok, never broke away etc. I then put a set of BT-016's on (£190) and they were absolutely amazing!! Well worth the extra £60 or so. Tyres are a very funny thing though, i've had tyres in the past that have been wicked good and others have hated them (and vice-versa), each to there own i surpose.
I BRAKE FOR CAKE!!
Definitive mechanics toolkit: A hammer and a condom,
If it can't be fixed with a hammer, f*** it!!
extonyg
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr 400 L1 uk

Post by extonyg »

ye i supose, fair enough havent had much use out of them but we will see how i get on.
i had dunlop sport maxx's on there before and i didnt like them but they were 5years old so that might of had something to do with it.
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

I put some on the 400 and I did rate them for the short period I had them before it was sold. I'll probably try them on the 600.